If you love roast chicken but don’t have the time to make it, why not use your slow cooker? This Slow Cooker Roast Chicken is one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken.
Our family loves the fresh rotisserie chicken you see at the store. That isn’t very cost effective for a family of eight. This is why I decided to make whole chicken in the slow cooker. This slow cooker roast chicken is one of the easiest crock pot recipes for chicken recipe and it’s good for you, too.
I like to check the meat department in the mornings. Many times they will have a whole chicken marked down and that is the night I make my version of rotisserie chicken.
The meat that is left would be perfect saved for other recipes. What recipes you say?
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Nachos
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Chicken Stir Fry
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Chicken
- 1 whole chicken - giblets removed and washed/patted dry
- 1/2 TBSP Paprika
- 2 TBSP House Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 celery - chopped
- Add chopped veggies to the bowl of slow cooker.
- Roll up 4 pieces of tinfoil into 2 inch balls and place in slow cooker.
- Place chicken in slow cooker on top of tin foil balls.
- Combine paprika and House Seasoning Blend and sprinkle seasoning mixture all over chicken.
- Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.