Witch Hat Cookies are the perfect easy-to-make cookie centerpiece to your Halloween party or favor to give to all the little ghosts and goblins in your neighborhood.
These Witch Hat Cookies are quick and easy to make. They are a great project to complete with kids or even do for an activity for a party. They are fun and delicious.
If you love fun and easy dessert recipes, check these out. And, another great fall treat are these haystack cookies. They are easy to make and so very cute.
MORE FUN RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy | Best Apple Pie Moonshine| Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
The very best part about Halloween is all the really incredible and imaginative recipes that people can create. This recipe is one of them. If you are looking for inventive games, check here.
- Quick to Make: Although these need about an hour to set up, they are very quick to make, cook and assemble.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry.
- Family Friendly: Kids will love to help make and eat these cookies.
What You Need to Make Witch Hats
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Orange Gel Food Coloring
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Halloween Sprinkles
How to Make Witch Hat Cookies – Step by Step
- Make Cookie Batter: First, whisk together flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt. Then with an electric mixer combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Next add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add Dry: Second, gradually add in flour mixture and then roll dough into a log. Wrap with parchment and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bake: Later, preheat the oven to 350. Carefully slice the dough into ½ inch slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, transfer to cooling rack.
- Icing: In the bowl of an electric mixer mix butter until light and fluffy then add in powdered sugar a little at a time. Add in cream, vanilla, and orange food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- Decorate: Using a piping bag pipe a small dot of frosting on the bottom of an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss. Place it in the center of a cookie. Pipe frosting around the edge of the Hershey’s Kiss and sprinkle with sprinkles. Repeat until all cookies are decorated. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Common Questions Witch Hat Cookies
Really, like everything else there are a few tips and tricks. You can find out some secrets here.
Of course, black, purple or any other color that you like can be used or even a mixture.
Indeed, this recipe makes 60 but if you are having a big party. Simply increase the recipe accordingly, or make a half batch for a small gathering.
Yes, in an airtight container for up to three months.
These cookies are a great make ahead for your Halloween party.
Expert Tips for Making Witch Hat Cookies
- Different Flavors: Make a peanut butter or other flavor cookies.
- Short cut tip: Feel free to buy the premade refrigerator dough or premade cookies from the store and simply decorate.
- Sprinkles: Sprinkles and glitter can really make these cookies showstoppers.
The form you have selected does not exist.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Witch Hat Cookies
- For the Cookies
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- For the Frosting
- 8 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Orange Gel Food Coloring
- 60- Hershey’s Kisses
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Roll dough into a log with a diameter of about 1 ½ inches. Wrap with parchment or wax paper and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Carefully slice the dough into ¼- ½ inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting-
- In the bowl of an electric mixer mix butter until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar a little at a time mixing between each addition. Add in cream vanilla, and orange food coloring and mix thoroughly. Add additional food coloring if needed to achieve desired flavor.
- Using a piping bag pipe a small dot of frosting on the bottom of an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss. Place it in the center of a cookie. Pipe frosting around the edge of the Hershey’s Kiss and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Repeat until all cookies are decorated.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- Vampire Halloween Cupcakes
- Halloween Party Supplies
- Halloween Baking Accessories