Christmas Peppermint Cookies are the personification of Christmas. They are fun, festive and flavorful. Packed with peppermint and creamy white chocolate. If you are a fan of mint, then this is the cookie to add to your holiday rotation.
More about these Peppermint Sugar Cookies
This easy recipe with it’s cool mint make this recipe a hit. Why is peppermint associated with Christmas? Every December these cookies are a must bake, and these is no rolling pin needed!
Why This Chocolate and Peppermint Cookie Recipe is a Keeper for your Cookie Platter
When you can make all of these cookie varieties with one simple dough then you are truly winning!
- Easy Recipe: A great recipe for the kids and it is so easy to make.
- Easy Ingredients: Everything can be found in your pantry or fridge.
- Family Friendly: Great for gift giving, cookie trays and family get togethers. Everyone has enjoyed the cookies if you make the recipe exactly as written you can make all the different varities with just one dough.
Why are my Mint Chocolate Cookies dry?
The most common reason for dry cookie dough is that there is not enough fat in the dough
Ingredient Notes for Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that Melt in your Mouth
The cookies come out of the oven and smell so amazing. The candy cane pieces elevate the cookies.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted butter. Should be at room temperature.
- All Purpose Flour: Spoon flour into measuring cup to loosen it up and get an accurate measurement.
- Sugar: White Sugar and Brown Sugar: This provides the perfect texture and flavor for the cookie.
- Peppermint Candies: crushed, about 10 starlight mints or crush candy canes.
- White Chocolate Chips: Chips or chopped white chocolate.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for this Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookie Recipe for the Cookie Exchange
This peppermint cookies recipe is perfect for a cookie exchange. They are colorful and delicious and of course you can put your own spin on them with some of the following suggestions. Find more in taste of home.
- Chocolate Cookie: Add cocoa powder, make chocolate cookies for double chocolate peppermint cookies. Make these peppermint cookies with chocolate to love these cookies even more.
- Chips: Make with milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips.
- Frost: Make a cream cheese frosting or peppermint frosting with powdered sugar to top your easy cookies recipe. Make with vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- .Bake: When baking you can bake until it has golden edges of the cookie or for white peppermint cookies are soft and chewy.
Special Equipment Needed for the Favorite Cookies for Delicious Peppermint Sugar Cookie for Cookie Trays
These handy items will let you make these delicious peppermint cookies easily.
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Perfect for Christmas
If your holiday season is as stressful as mine, why not try making some of these amazing cookies that you can transform into so many delicious cookies. It will be a true family favorite, perfect for Christmas.
These are the basic steps for making peppermint cookies. This amazing recipe will make one of the best cookies, full of white chocolate and mint flavor. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
STEP 1: Start the Mint Cookie by Add ingredients and Mix
First, in a large bowl with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer cream butter and sugar mix on low on speed (brown sugar and white sugar) and continue to mix until well incorporated and it is light and fluffy. Next add the wet ingredient of egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well blended.
STEP 2: Whisk in Chocolate Chips and Crushed Peppermint Candies
Second, in a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt and then gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture mixing after each addition until all the flour is incorporated. Then gently mix in the candy cane into the dough, along with the peppermint extract and the white chocolate chips.
STEP 3: Chill Cookie Dough in the Refrigerator
Next, lay out wax paper or plastic wrap and dough roll into a long shape with a diameter of about 2 inches and then wrap the dough in the wax paper and chill the dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
STEP 4: Preheat
When ready, preheat the oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment and slice the cookie dough into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices or scoop with a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons). Then place about 2 inches apart.
STEP 5: Bake the Easy Cookie Recipe on a Cookie Sheet
Then bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are a very lightly golden brown around the edge and appear dry in the center. Finally, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Recipe FAQs For Festive Crushed Candy Cane Holiday Cookies
Expert Tips for Making This Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipe
These melt in your mouth vanilla and peppermint cookies are sure to become one of your favorite cookies for the holiday season.
- Double the Christmas Peppermint Cookies: Make the refrigerator cookie dough balls and split the dough to make several versions of cookies listed above also freeze for later. For a perfect Christmas cookie tray.
- Add More: Sprinkles, dark chocolate or white chocolate drizzle or crushed candy cane on top of the cooled cookie. The peppermint topping really adds more to the prepared cookie.
- Chips: Add peppermint chocolate chips or Andies candy chips for more mint flavor in your chocolate mint cookies. Chocolate chips and candy really elevate these cookies.
- Marshmallow: Some marshmallow will add a fun surprise to these cookies or add in vanilla extract.
- Melt Chocolate: Melt chocolate and drizzle over your prepared cookie. The mint chocolate cookies are a great addition to your cookie platter.
- Food Coloring: Make the cookies a green or red color for more festive colors add a little coloring to the Christmas Peppermint Cookies.
Christmas Peppermint Cookies
- With the paddle attachment of a stand mixer cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in brown sugar and white sugar and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture mixing after each addition until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add in peppermint extract, crushed peppermint candies and white chips and mix gently on low.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper on a flat surface. Scoop the dough into the center of the wax paper. Use the wax paper to help roll the dough into a long shape with a diameter of about 2 inches.
- Wrap the dough in the wax paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To bake-
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cookie dough into ¼- ½ inch slices.
- Place dough slices on prepared cookie sheet a couple of inches apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until they are a very lightly golden brown around the edge and appear dry in the center.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: Make the refrigerator dough and split the dough to make several versions of cookies listed above.
- Add More: Sprinkles, dark chocolate or white chocolate drizzle on top.
- Chips: Add peppermint chocolate chips or Andies candy chips for more mint flavor.
- Marshmallow: Some marshmallow will add a fun surprise to these cookies.
- Melt Chocolate: Melt chocolate and drizzle over your cookies.