Don’t limit your slow cooker to stews and roasts. Give these Slow Cooker Sloppy Steak Sandwiches a try – it’s one of my favorite easy recipes for a slow cooker!
Every where I go, I find myself in conversations about food and recipes. I guess it’s an occupational hazard! The other day, at the butcher, I found myself exchanging recipes and ideas with him (as usual). He always has great suggestions and inspiration!
This recipe is a variation on some of the recipes and ideas we talked about the other day. I took his recipe and combined it with my recipe for slow cooker Italian Pot Roast. The result was a sloppy, messy and super tasty sandwich!
The best part is, you make it in the slow cooker! I love the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker With Spoon/Lid. This slow cooker is amazing!
There are eight settings, including high and low. And, unlike the slow cookers I’ve had in the past, this one lets me customize the heating needed for each recipe and it automatically shifts to warm setting when the cooking’s done.
Plus, it has a locking lid and a sealed gasket that prevent spills. This is a very important feature if you’ve ever had to clean up 6 quarts of tomato-y sausage and peppers from the back seat of your car. Just sayin’.
the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker With Spoon/Lid is definitely a keeper! I love it!
And, these Slow Cooker Sloppy Steak Sandwiches are keepers too!
Straight up, this is one great sandwich! Perfect for parties or an easy weeknight dinner that has little hands-on time.
Let me warn you, though, it is sloppy. It is drippy. It is messy. But, it is delicious!
To help combat the sloppiness, I used fresh bakery hard rolls and I toasted them. I think this helped absorb some of the excess juiciness. I wouldn’t use traditional hamburger buns. They’re too soft. You’ll have a soggy mess on your hands.
I also wouldn’t let them sit. Dish ’em up and eat ’em fast! It won’t be hard. Trust me.
This recipe would make a perfect freeze-ahead slow cooker meal! Just put all of the ingredients together in a zip top bag and stash it in the freezer. Then, when you’re ready to make it, simply thaw the package overnight in the fridge, put it in your slow cooker and cook according to the directions.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1 14.5 ounce call petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup jarred pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup jarred sweet green peppers, sliced
- Crusty deli rolls
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and beef broth and add peppers. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Serve shredded beef in the sauce with peppers on toasted deli roll.
Latest posts by Christina Hitchcock (see all)
- Cyber Monday Tips and Deals - November 30, 2015
- Classic Mojito - November 27, 2015
- Elf on a Shelf Ideas: Naughty & Nice Notice Printables - November 27, 2015