This Egg and Ham Breakfast Braid is one of my favorite easy breakfast dishes. I love that you can assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning.
This Egg and Ham Breakfast Braid is one of my family’s favorite breakfast meals. They love that it’s easy to eat and tastes incredible. I love that I can make it the night before and bake it in the morning.
It’s also a regular on our Christmas morning breakfast spread along with this Cinnamon Streusel French Toast Casserole.
When I make this Pillsbury Breakfast Braid, I usually make two – one with ham and the other with bacon. The recipe is completely flexible so you can easily swap ingredients for what your family likes. You could even add sausage if that’s more your thing.
This recipe is really easy. The best part about it is, you can assemble it the night before and store it, wrapped tightly, in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it in the morning. It doesn’t get easier than that. I love dishes that I can make ahead of time.
Tips for Making this Egg & Ham Breakfast Braid
- Look for these Pillsbury Seamless Dough Sheets. They make this recipe so much easier to make.
- If you can’t find the seamless dough sheets, this little roller helps bind the crescents together.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper (I love these precut sheets) or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. It will incorporate much easier into the egg mixture.
- Kick the flavor up by using my signature House Seasoning Blend.
Want More Easy Breakfast Dishes
Items You Need to Make This Recipe
Ham and Egg Breakfast Braid
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, , room temperature
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls, 2 cans of dough
- 1/4 pound ham, thinly sliced deli
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate one egg; set egg white aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk.
- Add the egg yolk, remaining eggs, All Purpose Blend to cream cheese mixture and mix well; add green onions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until just set. Remove from heat.
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough (do not separate rectangles).
- Place side by side on a greased baking sheet with long sides touching; seal seams and perforations.
- Arrange ham lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- Top with egg mixture and cheese.
- On each long side of dough, cut 1 inch wide strips to the center to within ½ inch of filling.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling.
- Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Beat reserved egg white and brush over dough.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add Leftover Ham: Replace the deli ham with leftover ham to these omelets.
- Vegetables: Mix in tomatoes or mushrooms or bell peppers.
- Variation tip: Ham Cups, for a keto version, make ham cups and pour egg mixture into the ham and top with the cheese.
- Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle with fresh parsley or other herbs.
- Cheese: Try different cheese such as pepper jack or your favorite cheese blend.
- Dietary consideration tip: Use low fat or fat free cheeses to make the recipe a little healthier.