These Sausage and Egg Breakfast Tacos are an easy breakfast recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. They’re perfect for busy mornings.
You really can’t go wrong with tacos right? So why not make breakfast tacos? Sausage and eggs in a fried corn tortilla and topped with cheese and cilantro. Doesn’t that sound amazing! We had a bunch of leftover fried tortillas from our Pineapple Pork Carnitas dinner so I figured we could use the tortillas for breakfast the next morning.
Breakfast burritos are always a favorite and this breakfast taco uses many of the same ingredients. My favorite part might be the fried taco shells. I’ve always been a sucker for those warm crispy tortilla shells. I prefer to use corn tortillas for these rather than flour. They are the perfect size for breakfast and you have a good ratio of filling to tortilla with corn. Flour would give you way too much tortilla but it really is all up to you.
My favorite way to top these is with a little bit of queso freso, cilantro, and tomato. If your tastes bend towards salsa or pico de gallo you could always do that as well. My hubby loves topping his with guacamole. My favorite part is you can make up a bunch of all the ingredients and eat a few at a time throughout the week.
I’m a big fan of making one kind of recipe to eat throughout the week like Banana Cranberry Muffins or Tropical Granola. There’s so many different varieties of breakfast options and I love that there are a great variety of recipes to make.
What would you top your tacos with?
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 8 lg eggs - scrambled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup queso fresco - crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 16 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil - divided
- Cook breakfast sausage until no longer pink.Heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and allow to mostly melt. Make sure the butter coats the pan and up the sides. Pour in beaten eggs and use a spatula to gently push the eggs around the pan until completely set but still shiny.To fry corn tortillas, coat a small pan with about 2 Tbps vegetable oil. Allow to get sizzling hot, quickly fry tortilla on each side and fold while still warm. To assemble- fill a corn tortilla shell with approximately 2 Tbsp each ground sausage and scrambled eggs. Top with about 2 tsp queso fresco about 1 Tbsp diced tomatoes and a little bit of cilantro.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.