These Chipotle Short Ribs are one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
One of the most popular posts on my site are these Slow Cooker Beer Braised Short Ribs. And, it’s no wonder, they are ah-mazing! They are one of my family’s favorite meals.
These Chipotle Shorts Ribs are equally divine. The slow cooker makes the meat incredibly tender and the sauce has layers of flavor that just get better over time.
Plus, I love how ridiculously easy they are to make.
For a healthy weeknight, I serve them with brown rice. But if I want to go fancy schmancy, I serve them with risotto. You can get my favorite, no-fail recipe perfect risotto or try my easy microwave Risotto.
When it comes to slow cookers, there are many options available – from the basic to the ultra fancy. My favorite is the Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I have had a number of slow cookers over the years and this is by far my favorite. It’s easy to use and program. It’s just the right size and it has handy clips that hold the lid on securely while you’re traveling.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Short RibsPrint Pin Rate SaveSaved!
- 6 pieces short ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ cup flour
- 4 small carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 in Chipotle peppers Adobe sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobe sauce from Chipotle peppers
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 leaves bay
- Season both sides of the short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the short ribs in flour making sure that each rib is fully coated on all sides.
- Place carrots, celery and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place short ribs on top of the vegetables.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until short ribs are cooked through and tender.