This luscious Iced Coconut Cream with Grilled Pineapple is a decadent dessert!
I love these tropical easy desserts to make me feel like my family is on vacation while staying at home on the weekends. It is cool and refreshing and the little umbrellas make my kids happy.
When I think of tropical, I think of citrus, including oranges, pineapples, limes, coconut, and maybe some rum. I used rum extract in this recipe but you could add a splash of real rum if you choose.
Easy desserts are my favorite recipes to create. They are usually quick to make and don’t require too many ingredients. So I can get in and out of the kitchen fast.
This is a great recipe to use if you have an ice cream maker because the kids can participate. If you don’t have an ice cream maker you can still create this recipe using a store bought coconut cream, or vanilla flavor.
You can also grill up your pineapple while you are barbecuing dinner at the same time.
I shared one of my tropical desserts with you, what dessert do you enjoy eating in the summertime?
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Iced Coconut Cream with Grilled Pineapple
- Iced Coconut Cream
- 2 Cups Pina Colada Yogurt I used yoplait 99% fat free
- 1 can pineapple coconut nectar from Kerns
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 slices Can Pineapple in light juice
- 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut
- Stir together yogurt, nectar and extract in a medium mixing bowl. Pour ingredients into a 1 quart ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions.
- Next transfer to an airtight plastic container for 2 hours.
- Grill the pineapples on the grill or a grill pan over high heat for 3 - 5 minutes on each side.
- Toast the shredded coconut on a parchment lined pan in the oven heated at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Stir during heating time.
- When ready to serve, place the pineapple ring on each plate with a scoop of Iced Coconut Cream. Top with juices from pineapple pan cooled and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/