This Chocolate Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl is the perfect choice when you want something quick, easy, healthy, and delicious before you head out the door.
Made with nuts, fresh berries, and a drizzle of honey, this high protein bowl has everything you need to get you through the day- as well as a bit of chocolate for some extra sweetness!
Health Benefits of Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is the primary ingredient in this breakfast bowl, and has a number of health benefits. This soft, mild cheese is considered a source of high-quality protein, as well as selenium, an element that helps the body protect cells and even fight certain types of cancer. The proteins and calcium in cottage cheese have also been tied to muscle growth, weight loss, and bone health.
Why This Cottage Cheese Breakfast Recipe is a Keeper
You’ll love this healthy way to start your morning! This cottage cheese bowl recipe is a great source of protein you can add all your favorite toppings to, and will help keep you full throughout the day. Here are some more reasons why we love these cottage cheese in a bowls:
- 15 Minute Breakfast: This chocolate cottage cheese bowl takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
- Easy Ingredients: You already have most of the ingredients for this breakfast bowl in your kitchen.
- Nutritious: The cottage cheese, fresh fruit, and walnuts in this recipe make for a breakfast that’s both healthy and delicious. Low calorie with lots of protein per serving.
- Adaptable: You can use cottage cheese with lots of ingredients! See the FAQ and Expert Tips for some sweet or savory cottage cheese breakfast ideas. It’s a great snack too. This recipe you’ll love to make 6 ways or more.
Is This Recipe Keto?
While cottage cheese is high in protein, whether or not it fits into the guidelines of the Keto diet depends on the variety of cottage cheese. Many fruits except for certain berries are also not considered keto, so if you’re on the Keto diet, make sure to check the nutrition labels of the products you use if you want to make this easy breakfast recipe.
Ingredient Notes for a Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Cottage Cheese: Use whatever variety of cottage cheese you’d like for this recipe. This will serve as the base for the rest of the delicious ingredients in this high protein breakfast to keep you satisfied.
- Fruit: Berries are best for this creamy cottage cheese parfait recipe. Try to top it with fresh raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Healthy Breakfast Bowl
This excellent source of protein is a great way to start the day. There are many ways to eat cottage cheese for breakfast, which is also rich in vitamin b12. If you want to make this recipe even healthier, here are some ideas to take a cup of plain cottage cheese to the next level:
- Low-Fat Cottage Cheese: For an even healthier option, try a low-fat or fat-free cup of cottage cheese.
- Different Toppings: Add different fruits, like peaches or apple slices, or nuts, like pecans or slivered almonds to love cottage cheese.
- Cinnamon: For an apple cinnamon breakfast bowl, add a pinch of cinnamon, maple syrup, and some sliced apples to a cup of cottage cheese. You will like cottage cheese done this way and it’s protein filled and it’s simple to make.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowls as a Way to Start the Day
This is an extremely simple breakfast recipe you can make in a hurry! Here’s how:
These are the basic steps for making a chocolate cottage cheese breakfast bowl. Refer to the full recipe card below for detailed instructions. This post may include affiliate links.
Step 1: Combine Ingredients
Add one cup cottage cheese to a bowl, with cocoa powder and sugar substitute. Stir to combine well.
Step 2: Serve the Berry Cottage Cheese
Place the cottage cheese into a serving bowl. Top with berries, walnuts, peanut butter, and a bit of honey.
Recipe FAQs for Easy Breakfast Idea and a Healthy Way to Start your Day
Expert Tips for Making a Chocolate Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Add some mini chocolate chips to the top of the cottage cheese bowl. Of course, you can always go for a sugar-free option. Or use sliced crunchy almonds or other nuts.
- Toast: You can spread cottage cheese on toast instead of eating it straight out of the bowl.
- Savory Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl: Instead of fresh fruit and cocoa powder, make this a savory bowl instead. Add toppings such as a hard boiled egg, smoked salmon, sliced cucumber, and sliced avocado for a protein rich breakfast to keep you full throughout the day.
- Dairy Free: Good culture makes a dairy free cottage cheese. You can also use one that is low in calories.
Chocolate Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar Substitute
- ¼ Cup Walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Mixed Berries
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar-Free Honey
- Add the cottage cheese, cocoa powder and Swerve to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Place the cottage cheese into a serving bowl. Top with the walnuts, berries, peanut butter, and a drizzle of sugar-free honey.