This Bacon Hash Brown Casserole is an easy make-ahead breakfast recipe.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
Despite busy work and after-school schedules, we sit down to a family dinner every single night. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not always a big dinner. Sometimes, it’s only sandwiches or something quick and easy. But, we sit down as a family and eat together.
It’s the time when we can talk about our day, share what we’ve accomplished and get a game plan for the evening ahead.
It’s been proven that family meals eaten at home have health and wellness, including fighting obesity, substance abuse and making families stronger. One simple thing, like eating together as a family can have a great impact on our communities and nation as a whole.
I try to do the same thing for breakfast, too. Even though mornings can be hectic, sitting down together gives us a chance to talk about our plans for the day and start our day on a less-hectic note.
The mornings can be hectic, though. To help make it easier, I like to have easy or make-ahead breakfast recipe. This Bacon Hash Brown Casserole is perfect.
I can assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning. Or, if I’m running short on time, I can bake it the night before too.
The star of this recipe is the bacon. I used Hormel BLACK LABEL® Bacon.
It comes in several varieties including, fully cooked bacon, thick cut bacon & Canadian bacon. And Hormel never compromises on quality or taste.
I like to serve this casserole with scrambled eggs and toast for a hearty breakfast. But, it also makes a great side dish for dinner, too.
Bacon Hash Brown Casserole
Bacon Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 onions diced
- 4 pounds diced frozen hash brown potatoes 2 bags
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the onions, peppers and garlic until browned.
- Add the frozen hash browns, some salt and pepper and toss together.
- Transfer to buttered baking dish and top with the cheese and bacon.
- Bake in 375 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Fried Egg: Serve with a fried egg over the top.
- Sour Cream: A dollop of sour cream and a few more bacon crumbles.
- Heat: Top with a little of your favorite hot sauce.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
Hormel believe in family meals too. That’s why they support National Family Meals Month. Find out more about the FMI Family Meals program here.
Hormel is hosting a “Raise Your Mitt to Commit” contest on the Hormel Facebook Page. All of you need to do is submit a photo of your family eating a meal at home for a chance to win one of a variety of prizes! How easy is that?!