This quick and easy Breakfast Couscous recipe is warm, hearty and filling. It’s the perfect easy breakfast for busy mornings.
See, mornings are not my friend. Never have been. Growing up, my sister was one of those chipper morning people. Man, that bugged me. Happy and chattering away while all I wanted was some quiet time to wake up. Slowly. Preferably with a nice big cup of steaming hot coffee.
So, you won’t see me bouncing out of bed, with little blue birds on my window sill waiting to bring me my bathrobe, so I can hurry to the kitchen and whip up a scrumptious breakfast for my family. Nice thought. But just not happening.
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE breakfast! Especially when someone else makes it for me.
Since I’m not a morning person, I’m always on the lookout for breakfast dishes that can either be assembled ahead of time or require little prep time.
This recipe is very similar to oatmeal. It has a similar texture and similar flavor. Plus, it’s so versatile. You can add any mix-ins that you perfer (or none at all if that’s your thing). And, if you have any leftover, it’s just as good the next day, reheated in the microwave.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make – and this is coming from a non-morning person. I say it’s definitely a keeper! I highly recommend you make this. Tomorrow. Trust me.
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Remove from heat; Cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.