This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe has a layer of bacon and cheese goodness. It’s a decadent side dish that is a healthier alternative to potatoes and is Keto friendly.
Cauliflower seems to be the next big thing in the world of healthy eating. It can replace potatoes and bread in many recipes. This cauliflower casserole is the perfect side dish or main course meal.
Why This Loaded Cauliflower Recipe Works
I love this recipe because I can make it ahead and bake it during the week or make it and freeze it for later. I also feel like I am sneaking a good vegetable into my families diet.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – Step by Step
- First, boil cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, half of the bacon, 3 tablespoons green onions, 1/2 cup colby cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, House Seasoning blend and cauliflower and mushrooms.
- Then, pour into 13×9 baking dish and top with remaining bacon, green onions and cheeses.
- Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Why Make this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole ?
This cauliflower bake features the amazing low carbohydrate vegetable that according to WEBMD offers 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C and a quarter of your daily vitamin K.
It’s also a good source of fiber but to me, it just tastes amazing and I could eat it every day.
Tips for Making this Cauliflower Casserole
I love the taste of roasted cauliflower. It really can intensify the flavor. If you had the time to take this extra step, you will really love it.
Just toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic, and House Season Blend on a baking sheet; Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes.
Expert Tips for Making the Best Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Add more Vegetables : Add some brussel sprouts, broccoli or peppers to the dish.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- Try More Meat: Leftover ham, turkey or chicken can really up the protein and make this a complete meal.
Shop This Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Side Dishes on It Is a Keeper.
Recipes You May Have Missed
- Steak and Cheese Hand Pies
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Skillet Steak and Potatoes
- Chicken and Cheddar Sandwich Sushi
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-8 strips bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons green onions - chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Colby cheese - shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 8 oz mushrooms - sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, half of the bacon, 3 tablespoons green onions, 1/2 cup colby cheese, 1/2 cup cheese cheese, House Seasoning blend and cauliflower.
- Pour into 13x9 baking dish and top with remaining bacon, green onions and cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
Try More Meat: Leftover ham, turkey or chicken can really up the protein and make this a complete meal.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.