This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe has a layer of bacon and cheese goodness. It’s a decadent side dish that is a healthier alternative to potatoes and is Keto friendly.
Cauliflower seems to be the next big thing in the world of healthy eating. It can replace potatoes and bread in many recipes. This cauliflower casserole is the perfect side dish or main course meal.
Why This Cauliflower Casserole Recipe Works
I love this Cauliflower Casserole recipe because I can make it ahead and bake it during the week or make it and freeze it for later. I also feel like I am sneaking a good vegetable into my families diet.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole – Step by Step
- First, boil cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, half of the bacon, 3 tablespoons green onions, 1/2 cup colby cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, House Seasoning blend and cauliflower and mushrooms.
- Then, pour into 13×9 baking dish and top with remaining bacon, green onions and cheeses.
- Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
Why Make this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole?
This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole features the amazing low carbohydrate vegetable that according to WEBMD offers 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C and a quarter of your daily vitamin K.
It’s also a good source of fiber but to me, it just tastes amazing and I could eat it every day.
Tips for Making this Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
If you want to kick up the flavor of this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe, try roasting the cauliflower first. It really can intensify the flavor. If you had the time to take this extra step, you will really love it.
Just toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, garlic, and House Season Blend on a baking sheet; Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes.
Expert Tips for Making the Best Cauliflower Bake
- Add more Vegetables : Add some brussels sprouts, broccoli or peppers to the dish.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- Try More Meat: Leftover ham, turkey or chicken can really up the protein and make this a complete meal.
Shop This Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
- Roasted Sweet and Spicy Cauliflower
- Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Soup
- Cheesy Bacon and Corn Casserole
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick and Easy Side Dishes on It Is a Keeper.
Recipes You May Have Missed
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Steak and Cheese Hand Pies
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Skillet Steak and Potatoes
- Chicken and Cheddar Sandwich Sushi
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Colby cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Boil cauliflower for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, half of the bacon, 3 tablespoons green onions, 1/2 cup colby cheese, 1/2 cup cheese cheese, House Seasoning blend and cauliflower.
- Pour into 13x9 baking dish and top with remaining bacon, green onions and cheeses.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts.
This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
Try More Meat: Leftover ham, turkey or chicken can really up the protein and make this a complete meal.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/