This Turkey Noodle Casserole is full of creamy goodness. Creamy and flavorful, this hearty dish is pure comfort food. Your kids will absolutely adore this dinner!
This creamy Turkey Noodle Casserole with Pasta might possibly be one of the best casseroles you’ll have. It will be become a go-to to bring to gatherings and potlucks. For more information about the origins of a casserole check out Masterclass!
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Turkey Noodles Casserole Recipe
- 50 Minute Meal: This casserole is ready start to finish in under an hour including cook and prep time.
- Easy Ingredients: All easy to find ingredients, most you probably already hav in your pantry.
- Family Friendly: Such a good casserole to enjoy with your family for a weekday dinner.
- Pasta: For this recipe I used penne pasta, but you could use whatever type of pasta you prefer or have in your pantry.
- Butter: You will need salted butter for this recipe.
- Mushrooms: You can use portabella or white mushrooms.
- Cream of Chicken: This casserole needs one can of cream of chicken soup.
- Milk: You can use whatever percentage of milk you have. Preferably whole or 2% milk will work best.
- Basil: For this casserole, you will need dried basil, but you can also use fresh if you have it. Sage or thyme works well and emulates stuffing flavors.
- Garlic: Garlic powder or minced garlic will both work, you could use either or both if you garlic!
- Onion powder: The onion powder will help to balance the garlic and add some extra flavor.
- Cheese: This recipe will need shredded mozzarella cheese. Or try cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese.
- Turkey: You will need pre-cooked turkey. Turkey breasts or turkey thighs both work for this recipe. This is also a great way to use turkey leftovers or even ground turkey.
- Peas: Additionally, you will need a bag of frozen peas.
How to Make Turkey Noodles Casserole
These are the basic steps for making Turkey Noodle Casserole. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions and nutrition information.
STEP 1: COOK PASTA
First cook your pasta until it is al dente. While pasta is cooking, preheat your oven and grease your casserole pan.
STEP 2: SAUTE MUSHROOMS
In a medium skillet, saute sliced mushrooms until tender and golden brown.
STEP 3: MAKE CASSEROLE FILLING
In large bowl, mix together pasta, turkey, milk, mushrooms, soup, seasonings, and frozen peas. You can also add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer noodle mixture to baking dish and top with an even layer of breadcrumbs.
STEP 4: COOK YOUR CASSEROLE
Cook turkey casserole with pasta in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, then broil for an additional 5 until bubbling to get the perfect crispy, golden brown topping.
Prep and Storage Tips
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
To make this recipe ahead of time, prepare casserole per the instructions but hold off on cooking. If want to make this the night before, just filling casserole dish and cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
To store any leftovers, put in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
If want to make this and freeze to cook later, follow the steps are usual, but you can hold on cooking it before freezing. To reheat, cook in a 350 degree for 25-30 minutes. This turkey noodles casserole will be good in the freezer wrapped in foil for up to 6 months.
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
Reheat turkey casserole for about 15 minutes or until warm in a 350 degree oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, for this recipe you will need to boil your noodles before adding to your casserole.
For a slightly different flavor, you can use egg noodles instead of penne pasta.
Yes depending how many servings you want, you can either double the recipe and split between 2 dishes or you can half if and cook in a smaller casserole dish.
The components of a casserole include rice or pasta, creamy sauce, protein, cheese, and vegetable.
Expert Tips for Making This Egg Noodle Turkey Casserole Recipe
- Add Cream of Mushroom: You could also use a can of cream of mushroom soup in place of cream of chicken for extra umami flavor or use your favorite cream soup.
- Swap Out Veggies: If you aren’t not a fan of peas, we could also add your veggies instead. Broccoli, carrots,spinach, green beans would be delicious in this casserole. Even frozen mixed vegetables.
- Egg Noodles: To make Egg Noodle Turkey Casserole, swap the penne pasta for egg noodles for this turkey noodle casserole recipe.
- Toppings: Sour cream is a wonderful topper for this Thanksgiving leftovers casserole.
What to Serve with Turkey Noodle Casserole
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Turkey Noodle Casserole
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Optional: fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13” casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saute pan. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, cooked mushrooms, soup, milk, seasonings, turkey, frozen peas, and ½ cup of the shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- To make the topping, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in the bread crumbs. Sprinkle topping in an even layer on the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Turn oven settings to broil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add Cream of Mushroom: You could also use a can of cream of mushroom soup in place of cream of chicken for extra umami flavor.
- Swap Out Veggies: If you aren’t not a fan of peas, we could also add your veggies instead. Broccoli or spinach would both be delicious in this casserole.
- Egg Noodles: To make Egg Noodle Turkey Casserole, swap the penne pasta for egg noodles.