This easy Cauliflower Rice recipe is flavored with parmesan for a healthy, low-carb side dish recipe.
If you want an easy Cauliflower Rice recipe, this parmesan flavored version is my all time favorite. It’s packed with flavor and none of the carbs of traditional rice.
I will be the first one to admit that I’m not a fan of cauliflower. I remember sitting at the dinner table as a kid refusing to eat the white veggie on my plate.
Fast forward to now and I still don’t like it plain. It has to be doctored up with lots of added flavor for me to eat it. I will admit, however, that I do love my Uncle Carmen’s Parmesan Cauliflower recipe and this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole.
I’ve seen so many recipes for Cauliflower Rice the past few months. And, because I’m always looking for easy and healthy side dish recipes, I thought I would give it a try.
For those of you that haven’t heard of cauliflower rice, it’s basically cauliflower that pulverized into small pieces that resembles rice.
When prepared right, it has the texture of rice and is a great low-carb alternative.
To make this easy cauliflower rice recipe I used a food processor.
My Hamilton Beach Professional food processor made this an easy task. It has a unique 3-in-1 Big Mouth feed tube so I didn’t have to do much pre-cutting.
TheHamilton Beach Professional food processor also has an adjustable slicing blade with 14 thickness settings so you can quickly create the thin, uniform cuts.
It took me no time at all to turn an entire head of raw cauliflower into “rice”. At this point, you can easily freeze the rice to use at a later time or continue preparing according to the recipe.
I took the basic technique for preparing cauliflower rice a step further and added garlic and parmesan to amp up the flavor.
This recipe really is the perfect balance of flavor and texture. And, my family cannot get enough of it!
I received product in exchange for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Flavor Boosters for this Easy Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- If you’re not a fan of garlic, try adding other flavors like thyme or shallot.
- Give it a Tex Mix spin by replacing the parmesan with my homemade taco seasoning blend.
- Go Asian by replacing the parmesan with some soy sauce and Asian seasonings.
Items You Need to Make this Easy Cauliflower Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
- I head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into pieces that will fit into feed tube of your food processor; process cauliflower using the large grating/shredding blade (if you don't have a food processor, see note).
- Place grated cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in olive oil and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in cooked cauliflower and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.