This Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Sausage is perfect for any party – especially game day! It will quickly become one of your favorite crock pot pork recipes.
There’s just something about game day makes you want to spend time with good friends. Of course if you’re with friends you have to have good food. The two just go hand in hand.
Hello! It’s Susanne from New South Charm here again this month with another great recipe. This month I’m sharing an easy appetizer to help you make the hit of your next game day party.
This Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Sausage is good. I’m talking you go home with an empty bowl kind of good.
This appetizer has the perfect combination of both savory and sweet. They also pack in just a touch of heat that gives them a little something extra that makes them addictive.
To make begin by drizzling olive oil in the bottom of a medium sauce pan.
Next add garlic and cook until tender and translucent about two mintues
Pour in the chili sauce,grape jelly, red pepper flakes, and sausage to pan and cook for about ten minutes, stirring frequently. Don’t worry if the jelly doesn’t melt completely it will finish melting in the slow cooker.
Slice the sausage into half inch pieces and place in the bowl of the slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the top. Cover and cook on high for 90 minutes, stirring it after an hour.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Easy Recipes You May Enjoy
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Sausage
- In the bottom of medium sauce pan, drizzle olive oil
- Cook garlic until translucent, about 2 mintues
- Add chili sauce, grape jelly and seasonings to pot and cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently
- Place sliced sausages in the bowl of the slow cooker and pour sauce over the top
- Cook on high for 90 minutes, stirring after the first hour
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/