Celebrate Russian Christmas with these 24 traditional Russian Christmas recipes.
My husband’s family is Russian Orthodox and they celebrate Russian Christmas every year on January 7 following the Julian calendar. In addition to going to church and religious traditions, the holiday is mostly centered around traditional food.
This is a collection of traditional Russian Christmas recipes that you can use to celebrate the holiday this year.
Russian Christmas Recipes: Savory
- Golubtsi (Russian Cabbage Rolls)
- Russian Beet Salad
- Russian Vinaigrette Salad
- Shashlik (Russian Pork Kebobs)
- Blini (Russian Chicken and Mushroom Crepes)
- Blini (another version)
- Bulochki (Russian Yeast Rolls)
- Piroshki (Meat filled Russian pastries)
- Tefteli (Russian Meatballs)
- Pelmeni (Russian Meat Dumplings)
- Russian Cabbage Pie
Russian Christmas Recipes: Sweets
- Kolach (Ukranian Christmas Bread)
- Rogaliki (Russian Rugelach)
- Gribochky (Russian Mushroom Cookies)
- Pyraniki (Russian Spice Cookies)
- Russian Brined Apples
- Korolevsky (Russian King Cake)
- Russian Tea
- Kiev Cake
- Smetannik Cake
- Sharlotka (Russian Apple Cake)
- Poppy Seed Roll
- Pampushky (Ukranian Christmas Doughnuts)
Russian Christmas Must Haves
- A Very Russian Christmas: The Greatest Russian Holiday Stories of All Time
- Jim Shore Russian Santa Ornament
- Matryoshka Dolls (nesting dolls)
- Babushka: A Christmas Tale
- Russian Porcelain Doll
- Russian Temples Ornaments
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!