These traditional Russian Christmas recipes are perfect for celebrating the holiday!
Celebrate Russian Christmas with these 24 traditional Russian Christmas recipes.
My husband’s family is Russian Orthodox and they celebrate Russian Christmas every year on January 7 following the Julian calendar. In addition to going to church and religious traditions, the holiday is mostly centered around traditional food.
This is a collection of traditional Russian Christmas recipes that you can use to celebrate the holiday this year.
Russian Christmas Recipes: Savory
- Golubtsi (Russian Cabbage Rolls)
- Russian Beet Salad
- Russian Vinaigrette Salad
- Shashlik (Russian Pork Kebobs)
- Blini (Russian Chicken and Mushroom Crepes)
- Blini (another version)
- Bulochki (Russian Yeast Rolls)
- Piroshki (Meat filled Russian pastries)
- Tefteli (Russian Meatballs)
- Pelmeni (Russian Meat Dumplings)
- Russian Cabbage Pie
Russian Christmas Food: Sweets
- Kolach (Ukranian Christmas Bread)
- Rogaliki (Russian Rugelach)
- Gribochky (Russian Mushroom Cookies)
- Pyraniki (Russian Spice Cookies)
- Russian Brined Apples
- Korolevsky (Russian King Cake)
- Russian Tea
- Kiev Cake
- Smetannik Cake
- Sharlotka (Russian Apple Cake)
- Poppy Seed Roll
- Pampushky (Ukranian Christmas Doughnuts)
Traditional Russian Christmas Items
- A Very Russian Christmas: The Greatest Russian Holiday Stories of All Time
- Jim Shore Russian Santa Ornament
- Matryoshka Dolls (nesting dolls)
- Babushka: A Christmas Tale
- Russian Porcelain Doll
- Russian Temples Ornaments
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!