This Mocha Latte recipe is one of my favorite copycat coffee house drinks. With only three simple ingredients and no fancy equipment, it’s easy to make at home.
Skip the lines and make your favorite coffee drinks at home. This is one of my all-time favorite Mocha Latte recipes with strong coffee, chocolatey flavor and steamed milk that is super easy to make without any special equipment.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”ddOZ3WjT” upload-date=”2022-05-03T16:53:40.000Z” name=”Mocha Latte” description=”This Mocha Latte recipe is one of my favorite copycat coffee house drinks. With only three simple ingredients and no fancy equipment, it’s easy to make at home. ” player-type=”collapse” override-embed=”false”]
MORE COFFEE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Southern Coffee Punch | Chocolate Salted Caramel Iced Coffee | Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
One of my favorite coffee drinks is a mocha latte – a cafe latte with with chocolate. Most Mocha Latte recipes start with espresso or a very strong brewed coffee and then are blended with chocolate and topped with hot milk.
- Ready in Minutes: You can whip up this coffeehouse treat in minutes.
- Easy Ingredients: Only 3 simple ingredients!
- No Fancy Equipment: You don’t need any fancy equipment.
What is a Mocha Latte?
A latte is an espresso based beverage with milk. To make a mocha latte, you enhance the coffee flavor by adding chocolate. You can use chocolate sauce, chocolate syrup, mocha sauce or another chocolate flavor.
What You Need to Make Recipe Name
- Espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Hot cocoa powder
- Glass Jar
Instructions for Making a Mocha Latte
- Prepare Espresso: Use any method you like – instant espresso powder, K cup, french press or from an espresso machine.
- Combine Ingredients: Stir or whisk in milk and hot chocolate mix.
- Prepare Frothy Milk: Use a glass jar to prepare frothy milk without a special milk frother or wand.
Common Questions About Homemade Mocha Latte
Yes! You can substitute the dairy milk for any type of milk – soy, coconut milk, almond milk, etc.
Yes! Simply prepare the coffee mixture in a tall glass as directed and refrigerate until cold. Then pour over ice and top with frothed milk.
Absolutely! You can add any type of sweetener. Try pure maple syrup for a flavorful twist.
Expert Tips for Making This Beverage
- You don’t have to make an entire pot of espresso or use a fancy espresso machine, you can easily use a espresso K cup for a single serve coffee maker.
- If you don’t have a single serve coffee maker, you can use instant espresso powder.
- Use a high quality hot chocolate mix, like this one.
- If you don’t have a milk frother or steamer, you can use the method I included in the recipe.
- Want a frosty treat? Chill the mocha latte and add it to a blender with some ice. Top with whipped cream.
Flavor Variations to Try
- Add some cinnamon for a little bit of spice.
- Add a dash of pure vanilla extract to add a richer flavor.
- Add a splash peppermint syrup for a peppermint mocha or salted caramel syrup for a salted caramel mocha.
- Swap traditional hot cocoa mix for white hot cocoa mix for a White Chocolate Mocha.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
- 1/2 cup prepared espresso or strong coffee
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon good quality hot cocoa mix
- Add prepared espresso, 1/2 cup whole milk and hot cocoa mix to a cup; stir until cocoa mix is completely dissolved.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of milk in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid (such as a mason jar).
- Vigorously shake milk for 20-30 seconds until frothy.
- Microwave frothy milk in glass jar for 30 seconds.
- Pour hot, frothy milk on top of espresso mixture.
3 thoughts on “Mocha Latte”
Made two cups for my husband and I and they turned out wonderfully! Tastes ALMOST like you got it from a coffee shop! I added mini marshmallows on top of mine before the frothy milk to add a little sweetness and it was amazing! I’ll definitely make this again!
Glad you like it!
So delicious! I have a milk frother on my coffee machine so I heated the milk up first and then frothed it. So yummy! Thank you!