If you love quick easy dessert recipes, then you will love this luscious summer Strawberry Cake!
One hot summer day we were at my in-laws and had this scrumptious cake. It looked absolutely amazing with all of the big, juicy strawberries on top. Just by looking at it, I knew it was going to be a keeper! It definitely is the best strawberry cake recipe I’ve tried.
I have to admit, though, that it’s taken me a while to get this recipe posted. I couldn’t seem to find the scrap of paper that I jotted the recipe on. It’s really an occupational hazard for a recipe collector/food blogger, you know!
Well, better late than never!
This cake is a perfect summer dessert! It reminds me of a Jell0 Poke Cake. I absolutely love those! They’re so light and yummy…just like this cake! I can’t wait to have this again! YUM!
How to Make the Best Strawberry Cake Recipe
This cake recipe is great because it uses fresh strawberries and frozen strawberries. You can, however, swap out the frozen strawberries for an equal amount of fresh strawberries that have macerated in sugar for a little while.
Every spring we head to our local strawberry farm and stock up on all of the fresh strawberries we can carry. I use them to make jam, pies, Strawberry Salsa and this Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
This recipe starts with a boxed cake mix. Then you add a strawberry puree over the top and let it all soak in. The topping is a mixture of whipped topping and pudding. I love how the pudding gives the topping some heft. Then the entire cake is topped with fresh strawberries. It’s the perfect cake all around!
Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
Over the years, I’ve made this cake several ways. Usually, I make it in a 13×9 cake pan. It’s very easy and casual. Not fussy at all.
Sometimes, though, I get all fancy and bust out my round cake pans and give it a little height. It may look fancier but it’s still super easy to make. Either way, you have an incredible dessert that’s super easy to make.
This is definitely one of my all time favorite strawberry recipes. I mean just look at all of those luscious strawberries! YUM!
Recommended Tools for Making this Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
Looking for More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Amaretto Pastries
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
- Strawberry Chiffon Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
- 45+ Best Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Looking for more? Check out all of the strawberry recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Summer Strawberry Cake
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 10 oz frozen sliced strawberries - thawed
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- For cake, prepare, bake and cool according to package directions.
- Poke holes 1 inch apart in top of cake using handle from wooden spoon (or a drinking straw).
- Puree thawed strawberries in blender.
- Spoon evenly over top of cake allowing mixture to soak into holes.
- For topping, prepare pudding mix according to package directions using 1 cup milk.
- Fold whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Spread over cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.