This easy Brownie Batter Hummus is a sweet, chocolate twist on a classic dip.
The next time you get a craving for something sweet, mix up a batch of this easy Brownie Batter Hummus. The entire recipe can be made in under 5 minutes and it’s full of good-for-you garbanzo beans!
For those of you that don’t know what hummus is, it’s a dip that is usually made from garbanzo beans (also known as chick peas). Hummus is usually a savory snack but, as I recently learned, I can get turned into a sweet treat like this Brownie Batter Hummus.
I participated in this event on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Loacker products to facilitate my post, but the recipe, opinions, photos and creative content are my own.
I have a voracious (how’s that for a 50 cent word?!) sweet tooth that hits me like clock work twice each day. The first wallop is at 2 pm. Shortly after lunch, I start craving something sweet.
As someone who works from home it’s too easy to head to the kitchen in search of a snack.
As a food blogger, it can be dangerous! My kitchen is usually fully stocked with things I shouldn’t be snacking on.
A few weeks ago, I was talking with a friend of mine, Erika. She mentioned that she recently discovered chocolate hummus.
BAM! I had no idea there was even such a thing. As soon as I tried it, I just knew I had to make a chocolate hummus recipe.
I mean, seriously! I love hummus and I love chocolate. Why didn’t I ever think to combine the two? It’s brilliant! You can get all of the health benefits of chick peas such as fiber, protein and vitamin B while still satisfying your chocolate cravings.
I tinkered around with the recipe until I found the right proportions of texture, sweetness and chocolate flavor.
One of my favorite things to dip into this luscious edible brownie batter recipe are these Loacker Quadratini bite sized wafer cookies.
These delicious Italian treats are made of layers of light, crispy wafers and a delicious cream filling. There are vanilla and chocolate varieties. They also come in full-size wafers, like these hazlenut ones.
These are seriously good! I love the small, bite-sized pieces. This way I can have a taste of both the vanilla and chocolate varieties without feeling too guilty.
They are easy to dip into the Brownie Batter Hummus, too. The chocolate hummus recipe really added a nice flavor to these delicious cookies.
Loacker products are made in Italy of the finest products. It’s a family owned business that’s been around for 90 years. They carefully craft their products using only the finest, all natural ingredients.
Loacker has a wide variety of sweet treats. Visit Loacker to learn more about all of their products and for other great Loacker-inspired recipes. Stay connected with LoackerUSA on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And be sure to enroll in Loacker’s Insider Loyalty Program to start earning free Loacker treats today!
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Brownie Batter Hummus
- 1 15.5 oz can chick peas - drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil - liquefied
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- Pinch salt
- Pat chick peas dry with paper towels.
- Place chick peas and remaining ingredients into a food processor with the blade attachment.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.