Copycat Ruth’s Chris Sweet Vanilla Cream with Berries

This post may contain affiliate links.  For more information, read my disclosure policy here

A few weeks ago, I had a wonderful birthday dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House.  The food was absolutely to-die-for!  I remember feeling a little bit sad when I took my last bite of filet mignon.  It was heavenly!  Just when I thought I couldn’t eat another bite, the waiter brought our dessert.  It was a small dish of vanilla cream with fresh berries on top.

Oh…my…god!  Words cannot describe how good that stuff was!  I knew I had to figure out to make this for myself!

As soon as I came home that night, I got right on the internet to research recipes. There were hundreds of variations, but nothing seemed to fit the bill so I improvised.  I took (what I thought were) the best parts of several different recipes and made my own.

What a luxurious dessert!  It turned out very rich and creamy and silky smooth.  It was everything I had remembered.  I will definitely be making this dessert again and again!

A word of caution though.  This recipe has a lot of hands on time.  You can’t really walk away from it while you’re making it.  It’s definitely a food of love.

This dessert is quite impressive — enough for company.  I can’t wait to have our friends over for dinner so I can make this for them, or for a Mother’s Day brunch or dinner (hint, hint!).

And, I’m imagining how good this will be with fresh blueberries from our yard this summer!  Yum!

Do you have a favorite copycat recipe?

Never miss a single recipe! Have them delivered right to your inbox. Sign up for FREE email updates.

42 thoughts on “Copycat Ruth’s Chris Sweet Vanilla Cream with Berries”

1. i’ve had that dessert at RC’s…it is scrumptious. I love how you took the time to do the extra steps to make the recipe perfect. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

2. This sounds delicious. So comforting and flavorful. I have some cooking time set aside this weekend and may just give it a try.

3. Sounds verrry good! If I made it I’m sure I’d eat it again and again. Delicious….. I make a cajun chicken pasta copycat that is much better than the original.
    Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

4. Sounds delicious! My children and their spouses have been to Ruth’s Chris and keep telling us we need to go. We have been to several restaurants around it, just not there yet.

-Brenda

• Judee — I’ve made it the day before and it comes out great! Just make sure you cover it tightly with plastic wrap. I usually put the plastic wrap right on the cream (like you would do with pudding) so a “skin” doesn’t form. I would also add the berries right before serving. Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

5. What an elegant looking dessert, simple ingredients, and all gluten free.
    I need a dessert for a dinner party on Sunday.. I’ll give it a try.. thanks for sharing..

6. ooooh, it sounds yummy! And I’m glad that YOU did all the research for us! Thank you for that and thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

7. Looks deeeelicious! And super luxurious. Never been to Ruth Chris but have heard wonderful things!

Funny you should ask about copycat recipes – my contribution to Mouthwatering Monday is super close to the creamed spinach at Boston Market…yum…!

8. This sounds like one of those classic desserts you just can’t go wrong with – delicious! It looks beautiful with the strawberries too.

9. Looks delicious! I’m wondering if substituting Grade B maple syrup would change it much and add lots of wonderful minerals? Thanks for stopping by Monday Mania with this idea!

• I think as long as the maple flavor is there, it should be fine! If you decide to try it, let me know how you make out!

Thanks for reading!

10. I was just searching for this recipe online, because it IS so amazingly delicious! I found an actual chef from Ruth’s Chris had published his recipe for this dessert. He had the same exact ingredients you list above. But, what’s interesting is, we asked our waitress at Ruth’s Chris last night what was in it, and she said she couldn’t tell us. But, she revealed White Chocolate Liquor and Sweetened Condensed Milk. Hmmm?…

• Hi Carrie — This dessert is so incredibly addicting! I just love it! Thanks for sharing what you learned from the chef and waitress. I can see that maybe the sweetened condensed milk is substituted for some of the cream as it may help thicken it and make it more rich (if that’s possible!). But I’m intrigued by the White Chocolate Liquor…..interesting.

I’d be interested to know how that works out. If you happen to try it, please share your results! And, the next time I make it, I just may add the liquor just to see what happens!

Thanks for reading and sharing your comments!