This pasta salad is a fun twist on the traditional Caesar Salad. The addition of Penne pasta makes it more filling without changing the flavor of the salad.
The thing that makes this Caesar Pasta Salad so delicious is the dressing. The dressing is easy and only takes about 10 minutes to put together.
It’s creamy base of mayo and sour cream and has so much more flavor than anything you can get from a bottle.
If you looked through the recipe before you read this post you probably saw that one of the ingredients is anchovy paste. If you are like me then you probably wrinkled your nose and thought no way I’m buying anchovy paste. But, in the end I picked up a tube and I’m glad I did.
The anchovies gave the salad a little savory flavor that I really enjoyed. If you don’t want to use anchovies I recommend adding a couple extra dashes of Worcestershire sauce add a little smokey flavor to the dressing.
Adding a couple of shredded or diced chicken breasts will take this salad from side dish to entree in a matter of minutes.
What is your favorite pasta salad recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe:
Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce washed and torn)
- grape tomatoes, as many or few as you’d like
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste,Worcestershire sauce until it is well combined
- Mix the dressing with the pasta and refrigerate for at least an hour
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/