This Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Rice recipe is one of my favorite quick and easy meals. It’s easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Garlic Shrimp and Rice Recipes
This Creamy Shrimp and Rice is one of my best shrimp rice recipes. It’s easy to make and delicious. Just like my Shrimp Tacos with Boom Boom Sauce and Grilled Sticky Shrimp this easy shrimp rice recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
The first thing I noticed when my MIL made this dish was how pretty it looked. There is just something about big, pink glossy shrimp that makes a girl swoon.
And, when you spoon it over the rice, you see little flecks of green peppers and celery. It looked like something you get a nice restaurant.
And, the beauty parlor scuttlebutt was right. This Garlic Shrimp recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. It was ready in under 20 minutes – that’s my kind of meal!
Tips for Making Garlic Shrimp Recipes
Of course, when I first made this Creamy Garlic Shrimp over Rice, I had to change things up a little bit. Here are some tips to help you make the best shrimp rice recipe.
- If you can’t find the Condensed Cream of Shrimp soup in your area, you can substitute Cream of Chicken. The flavor will be slightly different though.
- Alternately, if you’re not a big fan of canned cream soups, you can always substitute my Homemade Cream Soup Mix in its place.
- Make sure that your peppers, celery and onion are very finely diced. You don’t want any big chunks of veggies sitting atop your rice.
Serving Ideas for the Easy Shrimp Rice Recipe
- I like to serve this Creamy Garlic Shrimp over rice, but you can easily swap in orzo or another pasta or even Risotto (here’s my favorite Risotto recipe).
- Make sure you serve some fresh, crusty bread to soak up any extra sauce left on the plate.
- A simple salad makes the perfect side dish for this garlic shrimp recipe.
This is definitely one of my best shrimp rice recipes. It’s definitely a keeper!
Items You Need to Make this Garlic Shrimp and Rice
- Shrimp cleaner – this makes it easy to peel and devein shrimp
- Rice cooker – make perfect rice every time with little hands-on time.
- Rubber spatula – this one is my all-time favorite!
Looking for More of my Best Shrimp Recipes?
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Rice Recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks of celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup shallots finely diced
- 1 pound shrimp clean and deveined
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1 10.75 ounce can Cream of Shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, green pepper and shallots; Saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season shrimp with House Seasoning Blend, add to pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add soup, water and red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/