I received free products from Gorton for this post. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Usually for Taco Tuesday at our house I make traditional beef tacos or my Baked Chicken Fajitas. However, this week I decided to try something a little bit different.
I used a package of Gorton’s Skillet Crisp Shrimp for this recipe. They had a nice crunchy coating and great flavor. Rather than making them in a skillet, I chose to bake them in the oven.
While the shrimp were baking, I mixed up the Boom Boom Sauce. Have you ever heard of Boom Boom Sauce? I hadn’t…until this week.
My friend, Angelina, had some leftover from one of her favorite sandwich shops. As soon as I tried it, I knew it would go perfectly with this recipe.
It took a little bit of trial and error to get the ingredients just right, but I believe I managed to make a pretty awesome copycat sauce. It’s a little sweet, a little garlicky and packs a nice boom! Not too much, though. Just a little zip to wake up your taste buds.
To round out the tacos, I added a few thin slices of avocado and some crunchy, shredded cabbage. The cool, creamy avocado balances the zip from the Boom Boom Sauce perfectly and the cabbage gave them a nice crunch. The best part was these shrimp tacos were ready to eat in under 20 minutes! Just 20 minutes.
There was so much flavor and texture in these tacos. We couldn’t get enough of them! In fact, as I’m writing this blog post, I can’t stop thinking about them. I’m going to have to make them again VERY soon.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Shrimp Tacos with Boom Boom Sauce
- 1 ounce package Gorton's Skillet Crisp Shrimp - 10
- 8 soft flour taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cabbage - or prepackaged coleslaw mix
- 1 avocado - sliced
- Boom Boom Sauce - recipe below
- Prepare shrimp according to package directions
- Place about 1/8 cup shredded cabbage in taco shell
- Place 2-3 slices of avocado on top of shredded cabbage
- Place 4-5 shrimp on top of avocado
- Drizzle Boom Boom Sauce on top of shrimp
Boom Boom Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.