Nothing says comfort better than this Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe. This casserole has it all going on – a creamy sauce, tender chicken and veggies, and a crispy topping. It comes together quickly and freezes well. Dinner doesn’t get easier (or more comforting) than this!
Casseroles give you that warm and cozy vibe that makes you feel happy and satisfied. But, casseroles can get a bad rap. Sometimes they’re dry. Sometimes, they’re bland. And, sometimes they taste like mush. If you’re looking for a casserole recipe that is flavorful and decadent, this Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe fits the bill. The most amazing part of this chicken noodle recipe is that it’s quick and easy to make and freezes well.
Why This Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe Works
This is one of the best chicken pasta recipes because it comes together so quickly on a busy weekday. It is also an amazing meal to take to your favorite pot luck supper or get together. My creamy chicken pasta casserole is super versatile too, so it never gets boring.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole – Step by Step
- Step One: First, dice 2 cups of chicken and place in a large bowl. (Photo 1 below)
- Step Two: Next, add the thawed frozen vegetables to the diced chicken. (Photo 2 below)
- Step Three: Then add the chopped onions and my House Seasoning Blend. (Photo 3 below)
- Step Four: Next open up the two cans of cream soup and then measure out your milk. Then mix together with the prepared pasta and chicken. (Photo 4 below)
- Step One: First, to prepare the topping for your casserole, break up your fried onions into pieces. (Photo 1 below)
- Step Two: Then place the fried onion pieces and the panko crumbs in a bowl. (Photo 2 below)
- Step Three: Next, mix melted butter with the bread crumb mixture. (Photo 3 below)
- Step One: First, add House Seasoning Blend. (Photo 1 below)
- Step Two: Next, stir to combine all the ingredients. (Photo 2 below)
- Step Three: Then layer the pasta in a casserole pan. (Photo 3 below)
- Step Four: Next top with the bread crumb mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden brown on top. (Photo 4 below)
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Can I Freeze this Creamy Chicken Casserole?
This is a great prepare ahead dish so it is easy to prepare ahead of time and place in the freezer. To save time I also like to use a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket, it is delicious and quick. You can even use canned chicken for this recipe. Like I said it is super quick and easy.
To make ahead to freeze, prepare as directed but do not add the bread crumb topping. Simply, cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil, then wrap again in plastic wrap and place in the freezer. It will keep in the freezer for up to three months. When you are ready to serve, place the casserole in the refrigerator to thaw overnight, next add the topping, and then bake at 350 degrees.
Recommendations for Making the Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole
To make this an even healthier chicken casserole recipe, you can try a few easy variations. Use some riced cauliflower, zucchini noodles, whole wheat or gluten-free pasta to the casserole to make a delicious and healthy switch to this versatile meal.
You can even mix up the meat, try using turkey or canned tuna to make the meal different.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Beef Sausage Loaded Nachos
- Garlic Lime Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Chicken and Cheddar Sandwich Sushi
- Beef Taco Tarts
Expert Tips for Making the Best Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole
This casserole is amazingly versatile. I keep it in my rotation of monthly meals by mixing it up in meal planning by mixing my ingredients up.
- Add Cheese: In my world, everything is better with cheese! Add a sprinkle of parmesan to the crust or mix in your favorite cheese with the soup mixture, try cheddar, gruyere, or any of your favorites.
- Make it Mexican: Add a Cream of Nacho Cheese soup and some taco seasoning to the mix and even little canned jalapenos to make it spicy.
- Change up the Vegetables: Use a variety of different frozen vegetables to change up this meal. I love broccoli and cauliflower, peas and carrots, or even an Asian blend to change the flavor profile.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans (10.5 oz ea) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup French Fried onions crushed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, garlic, cream of chicken soup, milk and House Seasoning Blend; Stir until combined.
- When egg noodles are cooked, drain and add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish.
- To make the topping, combine crushed French Fried onions, panko bread crumbs, butter and House Seasoning blend in a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the prepared casserole
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling and heated through.
- Add Cheese: In my world everything is better with cheese! Add a sprinkle of parmesan to the crust or mix in your favorite cheese in with the soup mixture, try cheddar, gruyere or any of your favorites.
- Make it Mexican: Add a Cream of Nacho Cheese soup and some taco seasoning to the mix and even a little canned jalapenos to make it spicy.
- Change up the Vegetables: Use a variety of different frozen vegetables to change up this meal. I love broccoli and cauliflower, peas and carrots or even an Asian blend to change the flavor profile.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/