Peanut butter cereal bars are favorite treat, not just for the kids but for everyone. This super quick and easy version is astonishingly good and is so much better than processed packaged ones.
These peanut butter cereal bars are made with chex mix and are filled with tons of peanut butter goodness and there is no baking required. Therefore, they are a fun project to make with kids.
Who invented cereal? Find out more here.
- Quick Snack: These bars are really quick to make, just melt, press and cool.
- Easy Ingredients: All easy pantry ingredients.
- Family Friendly: These bars are so colorful and packed with ingredients your family will love.
- Adaptable: An easy treat to adapt to your families taste.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Leftovers? Doubtful!
What You Need to Make Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- creamy peanut butter
- mini marshmallows
- Corn Chex
- mini pretzels
- chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Chex Bars – Step by Step
- Melt: First, melt the butter in a large non-stick pot, then add the peanut butter and mini marshmallows. Next, stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Mix: Second, add the Chex and mini pretzels and stir until coated.
- Spread: Third, spread the mixture in a 9×13 baking dish and next, top with M&Ms. Finally, press the mixture into the pan until solid.
- Cool: Allow to cool completely, then cut into 12 bars. Lastly, drizzle the chocolate over the top of each bar.
LOOKING FOR MORE SNACK? TRY THESE FAVORITES:
Looking for more? Check out all of the Snack Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Common Questions About Snack Bars
Store in an airtight container for up to five days in a cool dark place.
Yes, wither of these can be used as a 1:1 replacement for peanut butter.
Absolutely, just adjust your ingredients accordingly.
Of course, try wrapping them in wax paper or even parchment and place in an airtight container for up to two months.
Expert Tips for Making Bars
- Different Candy: Try using Reese’s Pieces or any other candy that your family may enjoy.
- Gluten Free: Corn Chex are gluten free so safe to have. Here is a great gluten free pretzel.
- Spreading Tip: Use a cooking spray on your hands when you are pressing your bars down. Greased parchment paper under your barys will also help make them easier to depan.
- Alternate cooking method tip: Slow cookers or Instant Pots can be used to make this recipe as well.
- Chips: Make with different chips. For example: peanut butter, butterscotch, caramel or white chocolate.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Peanut Butter Chex Bars
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows, 1 package
- 6 cups corn Chex
- 1 cup mini pretzels, crushed
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot, then add the peanut butter and mini marshmallows. Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Add the Chex and mini pretzels and stir until coated.
- Spread the mixture in a 9×13 baking dish. Top with M&Ms. Press the mixture into the pan until solid.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into 12 bars. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of each bar and rest to harden before serving.