Instant Pot Peach Cobbler is the perfect dessert for people who need a quick dessert without a lot of time or fuss but tastes as good as something your grandmother use to make.
This Instant Pot Peach Cobbler recipe is just like a dump cake. You put everything in, set the time and walk away. Incredibly it tastes like you baked it from scratch. If you love peaches, you will love this recipe.
What is a cobbler? Bonappetit explains here.
- 30 Minute Dessert: Less than thirty minutes to perfection.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry. Only 5 ingredient.
- Family Friendly: It is the perfect warm hug for your family.
- Makes Great Leftovers: Just reheat for a treat any time.
What You Need to Make Cobbler
- yellow cake mix
- brown sugar
How to Make Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix- Step by Step
- Melt: First, in a bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix in the brown sugar and cornstarch. Pour mixture over peaches to coat each slice with the mixture.
- Pour: Second, spray baking pan and then pour in the peaches. Spread half of the cake mix and stir it around the peaches. Top with remaining cake mix.
- Cube: Next, cube remaining butter and place on top of mix.
- Cover: Then cover the pan with foil and set on a trivet in the instant pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Bake: Cook on high for 13 minutes and let it natural release for 5 minutes.
- Crisp: Take out pan and remove foil. Finally, place under a broiler for 3 minutes to crisp up.
LOOKING FOR MORE QUICK DESSERTS? TRY THESE FAVORITES:
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy desserts on It Is a Keeper. And, if you’re a peach cobbler fan, you should check out this incredible Peach Cobbler Pound Cake. It will have your family begging for seconds.
Common Questions About Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Yes, cobbler filling has a gooey fruit consistency with a crispy top layer.
Of course, canned peaches are picked fresh from the garden and packed immediately, therefore, you are really getting the best possible fruit.
This recipe is above all fool proof. The most important detail to remember is to make sure that your fruit is well drained. Otherwise the cobbler could be runny.
Indeed, you can reheat peach cobbler. Place cobbler on a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until heated through.
Since you are only using half a cake mix, you can easily double the recipe by using another baking dish.
Truly, it is so easy that you can make it any time. Therefore, there is no reason to make it ahead of time. However, peach cobbler can be frozen for up to three months tightly wrapped or in an airtight container.
The best way to serve peach cobbler is room temperature or warmer. It is made to be a warm dessert.
Undoubtedly, the best way to serve peach cobbler is hot from the oven with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Expert Tips for Making Peach Cobbler with Canned Peaches
- Add Spice: Using a warm spice really enhances this dessert. In the topping add some cinnamon or nutmeg or both.
- Blueberries: Stir in a few fresh blueberries with the canned peaches, it really brightens the dessert.
- Nuts: Feel free to add a few crushed almonds or walnuts to the topping mixture for an enhanced crunch.
- Ramekins: Make individual portions in cute little ramekins.
- Frozen Peaches: You can use frozen thawed peach slices instead of canned. Just make sure they are well drained.
- Dietary consideration tip: Use a brown sugar alternative to make this dish lower in calorie.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Instant Pot Peach Cobbler
- 29 oz can of peaches, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix in the brown sugar and cornstarch. Pour mixture over peaches to coat each slice with the mixture.
- Spray baking pan with oil and pour in the peaches. Spread half of the cake mix and stir it around the peaches. Pour remaining cake mix on top.
- Cube remaining butter and even place around the cake mix.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and set on a trivet in the instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the base of the instant pot and close the lid.
- Pressure cook on high for 13 minutes and let it natural release for 5 minutes.
- Remove from instant pot. Remove the foil and place under a broiler for 3 minutes allowing the cobbler topping to crisp up.