Pumpkin Pie SquaresNovember 20, 2014
This recipe for Pumpkin Pie Squares is one of my favorite holiday desserts. It’s very similar to a traditional pumpkin pie recipe…but better!
If you love pumpkin pie, you will go nuts for these Pumpkin Pie Squares. These guys take Pumpkin Pie up a few notches.
I think it’s the crust that I like best. It’s chocked full of oats and pecans and it makes such a yummy base for the pumpkin pie filling. These squares are easy to make too. You don’t have to fuss with a pastry crust as you do with traditional pumpkin pie.
If you are looking for a new dessert this holiday season, why not give these Pumpkin Pie Squares a try! You’ll be glad you did!
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¾ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans (15 oz each) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Press into the bottom of a 10 inch x 15 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust turns a light golden color.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour onto baked crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of filling comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve with whipped cream.