These Maple Bacon Monkey Muffins are a fun twist on traditional monkey bread.
I remember my brother making Monkey Bread when he was really little…I can’t remember his exact age, but my mother used to let him make it on his own.
It quickly became his “signature” recipe. We would ask him to make it all the time.
I can remember waiting in the kitchen for the oven timer to go off so I could watch him invert the bundt pan full of that cinnamon-y goodness onto a plate.
Then we would follow him like little ducks to the dining room where we would almost fight each other to grab pieces of the warm dessert.
This recipe is homage to my brother. He doesn’t cook (or bake) often but when he does, it’s usually pretty incredible. His recipe for Crab Stuff Tilapia is one of my faves. I also love these Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread.
I used my brother’s basic Monkey Bread recipe but I changed it up a little. And, by change, I mean I added bacon. Everything is better with bacon…right?!?
I also added real maple syrup. Not the Mrs. Jemima in Log Cabin pancake syrup stuff. I’m talking the real stuff…that comes from the trees. The real maple flavor makes a big difference.
I’m sharing this recipe as part of Bacon Month! Yep…an entire month full of BACON! If you missed my previous Bacon Month recipes, make sure you check these out:
Last year, I shared these recipes during Bacon Month:
For all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Friday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-y deliciousness to come! Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
Bacon and Cheese Homemade Tater Tots from Ashlee Marie
French Onion & Bacon Dip from Around My Family Table
Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn from Cooking in Stilettos
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Bread Sticks from A Dash of Sanity
Spinach & Bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from Bread Booze Bacon
Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Balls from A Simple Pantry
Coffee Maple Bacon from Nomageddon
Southern Bacon-Fried Cabbage from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bacon Stout Risotto from Forking Up
Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownies with Bacon Salt from Hey Grill, Hey
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- 1 can grand sized refrigerated biscuits 8 count, I used Pillsbury Grands
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Partially cook bacon until crisp; chop into bit sized pieces.
- Spray a large muffin tin (I used this one) with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
- Place the biscuit pieces into the ziploc bag and toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute half of the biscuit pieces into each muffin cup.
- Evenly distribute bacon pieces among muffin cups.
- Top each muffin cup with remaining biscuit pieces.
- Place butter, syrup and brown sugar in a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Heat until butter is melted; stir until sugar is combined.
- Spoon butter mixture evenly over biscuits.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/