If you love quick easy dessert recipes, then you will love this Carrot Cake Poke Cake!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read my disclosure policy.
Those of you that know me, know that I *heart* carrot cake. I mean really *heart*. Really, really *heart*. If carrot cake is offered, I’ll take a slice. Or, if it’s on a menu, I’m ordering it. Plain and simple. It’s non-negotiable.
My favorite carrot cake recipe of all time is this one. And, my Pumpkin Carrot Cake recipe is right up there too.Now I have a third recipe to add to the collection. This Carrot Poke Cake is fun twist on my favorite dessert.
One of my favorite things about this quick easy dessert recipe is it starts with a boxed cake mix. But, if you have the time, you could always use a recipe from scratch.
I love how poke cakes are super moist. And, this one is no exception. Moist and flavorful with an easy fluffy cream cheese frosting. And, caramel. And, nuts.
More Great Poke Cake Ideas
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for my email newsletter! I’ll send you a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out all of the easy dessert recipes on It is a Keeper! Including these:
Quick Easy Dessert Recipes: Carrot Poke Cake
- 1 boxed carrot cake mix, baked in a 9x13 pan according to package directions and cooled
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 10.6 oz Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting (Vanilla can be substituted)
- 6 oz of whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup caramel sundae sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Bake and cool the cake according to the package directions.
- Leave the cake in the baking dish.
- Using a the handle of a wooden spoon, poke about 20-25 holes in the cake making sure to evenly distribute them.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the cake.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cool whip, frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
FREE 10 Must Have Easy Recipes eBook!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks