These Mini Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes are bright, creamy and delicious!
Last week I made lemon blueberry mini cheesecakes for a baby shower. I like to make mini desserts so when I was thinking about what I would bring, I thought these would be perfect.
I usually bring cupcakes, but since someone else was actually doing the party and I was a guest, I brought these the day before and thought they could keep them for themselves or put them out, whatever they preferred.
What I really like about making individual desserts is that you can take out what you want and you could in most cases freeze the rest. Cheesecakes although in my opinion don’t freeze well unless they are wrapped really well. But you could keep them for about a week.
I have a lot of blueberries around and they are great to freeze as well, and use later. I always try to find some lemons from my neighbor’s yard because they can get expensive. I zested them into the cream cheese mixture for my lemon flavor. Plus you can squeeze the rest and make ice cubes out of them for your water or tea.
I went searching through all my supplies and found these cute baby liners to cover the cheesecakes. I thought it added a cute touch. So whether you are making them for a baby shower or an afternoon barbecue, these will be a great addition.
What is your favorite dessert to bring to a get together?
Here are some other recipes you may like:
Miniature Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Lemon Blueberry Mini Cheesecakes
- 6 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon Zest
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 6 Tbsp blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a regular sized muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers to crumbs. Stir in the sugar and melted butter. Press an even amount of graham cracker crust into the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Press down the crust with a tamper or bottom of glass.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine softened cream cheese and white sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in Vanilla extract, egg and lemon zest.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling evenly between the 12 cups and bake for 22 mins. The centers will still jiggle a little bit, but the edges should be a very light brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temp. for 30 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator and cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once the cheesecakes have cooled for 2 hours, place 4 and 1/2 tablespoons of blueberry jam in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Spread the jam on top of each cheesecake. Place the blueberries on top immediately. Then spread the remaining jam on top.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/