This leftover turkey pasta recipe is full of creamy goodness. Creamy and flavorful, this hearty casserole is pure comfort food. Your kids will absolutely adore this dinner!
Assemble this baked turkey dish with any leftovers you have, add your favorite pasta and you will have a delicious meal.
Best Leftover Turkey Pasta Bake
.This creamy Turkey Noodle Casserole with Pasta might possibly be one of the best casseroles you’ll have. It will be become a go-to to bring to gatherings and potlucks. For more information about the origins of a casserole check out Masterclass!
Why This Creamy Leftover Turkey Pasta Recipe is a Keeper
What makes this recipe great? Create a list of items: Link to other relevant IAK content and/or affiliate products when possible. The list below has some ideas but you don’t have to use all of them and you can include others that aren’t listed.
- 50 Minute Meal: This casserole is ready start to finish in under an hour including cook and prep time.
- Easy Ingredients: All easy to find ingredients, most you probably already hav in your pantry.
- Family Friendly: Such a good casserole to enjoy with your family for a weekday dinner.
- Makes Great Leftovers: So many things you can do like…
Can I make this Leftover Pasta Bake with different Sauces?
Of course, you can use a bunch of different sauces or adapt this sauce to meet the needs of the family. This recipe features a creamy pesto sauce, however, you can use alfredo sauce, cheddar cheese sauce or whatever you like.
Ingredient Notes for Easy Creamy Turkey Pasta Casserole
- Pasta: Penne pasta, potato gnocchi or any variety of pasta your family enjoys.
- Vegetables: Mushrooms and peas.
- Cream of Chicken: This casserole needs one can of cream of chicken soup for the creamy sauce.
- Seasoning: Basil, garlic and onion powder.
- Cheese: This recipe will need shredded mozzarella cheese. Or try cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese or any other blend you prefer.
- Turkey Meat: You will need roast turkey. Turkey breasts or turkey thighs both work for this recipe. This is also a great way to use cooked turkey leftovers or even ground turkey.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for the Best Turkey Leftovers
- Pasta: Great options include: Whole wheat pasta, egg noodles, protein pasta are all good choices. Even break up lasagna noodles.
- Chicken: Use leftover turkey or chicken breast both work for this creamy pasta dish. Even leftover ham works for this easy pasta dish.
- White Wine: Add a splash of white wine to add to the dish.
How to Make This Recipe
These are the basic steps for making decadent Turkey Noodle Casserole Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
STEP 1: Cook Pasta
First cook your pasta following package directions to al dente. While pasta is cooking, preheat your oven and grease your casserole pan.
STEP 2: Saute Mushrooms
Then in a medium skillet, saute sliced mushrooms until tender and golden brown. Also, dice your turkey.
STEP 3: Stir to Combine and Assemble Casserole
Next, in large bowl, mix together pasta, turkey, milk, mushrooms, soup, seasonings, and frozen peas. You can also add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer noodle mixture to baking dish and top with an even layer of breadcrumbs.
STEP 4: Bake
Cook turkey casserole with pasta in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, then broil for an additional 5 until bubbling to get the perfect crispy, golden brown topping.
Recipe FAQs for the Best Leftover Turkey Pasta Recipe
Expert Tips to Make Turkey Pasta
There are always ways to make this recipe unique. This after Christmas dinner meal can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Add Cream of Mushroom: You could also use a can of cream of mushroom soup in place of cream of chicken for extra umami flavor or use your favorite cream soup.
- Swap Out Veggies: If you aren’t not a fan of peas, we could also add your veggies instead. Broccoli, carrots, spinach, green beans would be delicious in this Leftover Turkey Pasta casserole. Even frozen mixed vegetables.
- Toppings: Sour cream is a wonderful topper for this turkey bake recipe.
Turkey Noodle Casserole
- 3 cups Penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 10.5 ounces Cream of chicken soup
- 1 ⅓ cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups Turkey, cooked
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- Optional: fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13” casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saute pan. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, cooked mushrooms, soup, milk, seasonings, turkey, frozen peas, and ½ cup of the shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- To make the topping, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in the bread crumbs. Sprinkle topping in an even layer on the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Turn oven settings to broil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add Cream of Mushroom: You could also use a can of cream of mushroom soup in place of cream of chicken for extra umami flavor.
- Swap Out Veggies: If you aren’t not a fan of peas, we could also add your veggies instead. Broccoli or spinach would both be delicious in this casserole.
- Egg Noodles: To make Egg Noodle Turkey Casserole, swap the penne pasta for egg noodles.