This easy Slow Cooker Taco Chili is perfect for chilly days. It will quickly become one of your favorite easy crock pot recipes because its definitely one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time.
Don’t you just love slow cooker recipes? They are so easy and convenient. If you know you have a busy day ahead you can just drop the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and come home a great dinner that night.
Hi! Susanne from New South Charm back again this month with a great recipe to help you get dinner on the table for your family even when your too busy to cook.
There are three foods I could never live without: pizza, tacos and chili. So you know when I saw this recipe for Taco Chili I had to try it. Let me tell you this didn’t disappoint.
Taco Chili combines all the warm comfort of chili with the flavors of beef tacos. Plus, it’s easy to make. Great chili with taco flavor AND easy to make. How can you go wrong with that? Trust me you can’t.
This recipe requires a little bit of prep work because the ground beef or ground turkey must be browned before you put it in the crock pot. I cooked it the night before and kept cooked beef in the refrigerator. This made things a lot easier the next morning when I needed to get out the door before seven.
The next morning all I had to do was put the cooked beef in the crock pot and then pour in cans of corn, kidney beans, black beans, tomato sauce, and tomato and chilies. Then add a packed of taco seasoning and poured in two cups of water. Finally stir everything together and pop the lid on and cook on low for six hours of high for four.
That’s it! Dinner is done!
If you’re looking for more great slow cooker recipes I’ve got you covered. Pop over to New South Charm and check out my recipes for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, or for something different Slow Cooker Pepper Steak.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best slow cooker recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker Taco Chili
- 1 lb Ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can Black beans - with liquid
- 1 15 oz can Kidney beans - with liquid
- 1 15 oz can Whole kernel corn - with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Water
- Tortilla strips, shredded cheddar cheese and green onions as toppings
- Brown beef or turkey until no longer pink drain fat and transfer to the bowl of your slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cook on low for six hours or high for four hours
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.