My family loves Mexican-inspired flavors. This Homemade Taco Seasoning is easy to make and packs a lot of flavor.
Lately, I’ve been all about making my own seasoning blends. I like that I can control what goes in to each blend. I know that the spices and herbs are fresh and I can control how much salt (if any) is used.
One of the best things about making your own seasoning blends is that it’s a lot less expensive than store-bought blends.
This Homemade Taco Seasoning is perfect for recipes like:
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Fiesta Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Or you can use it in place of the taco seasoning packets you get at the grocery store. Simply add 2-3 tablespoons of the homemade seasoning blend and 2/3 cups of water to one pound of browned ground beef and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
I also add a tablespoon or so to bottled ranch salad dressing to make a Tex-Mex inspired salad.
This seasoning is so versatile. The possibilities are endless!
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all spices in a small bowl
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 months
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.