These Apple Cheddar Kabobs are an easy, kid-friendly snack idea. They are portable, wholesome, and can be customized to fit your family’s tastes.
I partnered with Stonyfield® Organic YoKids® yogurt for this post, however all opinions are solely mine.
Did you ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you’re living in your car, chauffeuring kids to and from activities, running errands and keeping your family on schedule?
That has been my fall. This season has been crazy hectic for my family. There are times where when we go from one activity to the next without time to stop for a uniform change or meals.
In addition to traditional sports like baseball and basketball, my son races BMX (bicycle motocross). It’s a very demanding sport that requires a lot of energy. When our schedule is so full that we can’t stop home to eat, I like to make sure I pack plenty of wholesome snacks to keep his energy level up.
One of his favorite snacks are these Apple Cheddar Kabobs. I stack pieces of fresh apples and cheddar cheese on skewers for a quick and wholesome snack. He loves the flavor combination but let’s be honest, he’ll eat just about anything if I put it on a stick!
I like to serve these Apple Cheddar Kabobs with Stonyfield® Organic YoKids® yogurt. The squeeze pouches are so convenient. My son can enjoy them on the go when he needs to refuel.
My son loves the flavors and I love that YoKids® yogurt comes is a variety of convenient types – cups, pouches, tubes and smoothies. It’s the perfect grab-and-go snack for our busy lifestyle.
Whether he dips these Apple Cheddar Kabobs in a Stonyfield® Organic YoKids® yogurt cup or grabs a pouch for breakfast, I know he’s getting a wholesome snack that’s good for him.
Stonyfield recently announced a sugar reduction across its yogurt portfolio – and it started with YoKids®, featuring between 25% – 40% less sugar than the leading kids’ yogurt. Less sugar is perfect for our family.
As a mom, I like serving snacks that are certified organic and non-GMO Project verified like Stonyfield® Organic YoKids® yogurt products. Plus, Stonyfield meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability.
I like to keep our fridge stocked with a variety Stonyfield® Organic YoKids® yogurt products. This way, I always have snack options on hand for after school, sports activities and even family road trips. It’s definitely a keeper in my book!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stonyfield® Organic YoKids®.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Apple Cheddar Kabobs
- 1 apple
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Cut apple into 1 inch chunks, removing the stem, seeds and core.
- Cut cheese into 1 inch chunks.
- Thread alternate pieces of apple and cheddar a skewer.
- Repeat until all apple and cheese are used.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.