This Creamy Shrimp Bruschetta is one of my favorite easy shrimp appetizers. It’s easy to make but looks so elegant. Plus, you can serve it hot or cold.
Want to impress the guests at your next party? Whip up these easy shrimp appetizers. They only take a few minutes to make and are always a crowd pleaser.
Trust me, your friends and family will be asking for this recipe. And, you’ll almost be embarrassed to tell them how easy they were to make.
This Creamy Shrimp Bruschetta recipe is a twist on my good friend Jill’s signature appetizer. Jill makes these delectable bites for all of her parties. And, it’s no wonder. They are incredible!
I recently spent a few days in upstate New York (around the Finger Lakes Region). It was a beautiful time of the year with all of the changing leaves and crisp, fall air.
While I was there, I had the opportunity to visit Noblehurst Farm – a working dairy farm. It was a 7th generation run farm with over 1,800 dairy cows.
It was fascinating to learn about milk production in the US. Did you know that the milk you drink most likely comes from a farm within a 300 mile radius of your home?
Today’s dairy farms are so much more advanced than I had imagined. The farm we visited was run by Ivy League educated farmers. Not only do they provide the best nutrition and balanced diets to the animals but they also focus on cow comfort. Afterall, a happy cow is a productive cow.
Today’s dairy farmers are also good stewards of the land by harnessing technology and making their farms sustainable. The farm we visited generated enough electricity to power the entire farm and attached creamy, plus they provide electricity for the surrounding community.
While in the Finger Lakes, I also had the opportunity to visit Yancey’s Fancy artisan cheese factory. I was completely fascinated by the entire cheese making process.
While the factory had state of the art equipment and processes, there is a lot of on-the-fly decision making that goes into their cheese making.
Yancy’s Fancy has so many cheese varieties. I was impressed to learn that they had Bergenost. It’s a proprietary Norwegian blend that reminds me of my favorite cheese from Norway.
On our last day in the Finger Lakes, we had a cooking throw down at the NY Food and Wine Culinary Center. We had access to a gorgeous professional kitchen, a fully stocked pantry and all of the dairy products we needed.
There was a mac and cheese category and a secret ingredient category. For the mac and cheese round I made a Bacon Lager Mac and Cheese.
For the secret ingredient category, I had to make an appetizer with Greek yogurt. That’s where this Creamy Shrimp Bruschetta comes in.
Tips for Making this Easy Shrimp Appetizer
- For the sauce, it helps if the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- You can use either fresh garlic or jarred minced garlic.
- Make sure you zest the lemon before you squeeze the juice out.
- You can either roast or sear the shrimp. Both options are easy and take only a few minutes.
- You can serve the shrimp and sauce on baguette slices like I did or on parmesan crisps.
I’d like to thank the American Dairy Association Northeast for hosting me on the Dairy Tour 2017. It was a fascinating learning experience. For more information about dairy farming and to get more recipes and wellness information, visit dairyspot.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Creamy Shrimp Bruschetta
- In a food processor combine cream all of the ingredients for the cream sauce.
- Pulse until the mixture is thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry on both sides and season each side with Italian Seasoning Blend and House Seasoning Blend.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat; add olive oil.
- When skillet is hot, add shrimp and sear on one side for 5 minutes.
- Turn shrimp and sear on other side for 5 more minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and squeeze lemon juice on top; set aside.
- Lay baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- Remove from broiler and place a generous amount of cream sauce on each baguette slice; top with shrimp.
- Garnish with minced chives and lemon zest.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.