Seasoning Recipe for Chili is truly what makes the regular chili sensational. This chili seasoning recipe really brings you chili to life. It is next level good. Perfect for more than just chili, too!
This Seasoning Recipe for Chili makes your chili perfect and allows you to control the salt, seasoning and spices to make your perfect chili. This recipe is so much nicer than those chili seasoning packets. The origins of chili are quite mysterious, find out the interesting story here.
Quick and Easy recipes are essential for today’s living, find the best here.
MORE SEASONING RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
Now that you have this seasoning recipe, how do you use it? To make chili using this recipe, add about 2 tablespoons of this chili seasoning mix to each pound of meat (ground beef, turkey etc)in yourfor batch of chili recipe.
- 5 Minutes to make: Measure and mix and you are done.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry.
- Family Friendly: Just a pinch of your favorite spices that you control will help keep you family healthy and happy.
- Adaptable: Can make it gluten-free, add tomatoes or whatever you like to make the perfect chili.
Ingredient Notes for Chili Spice Mix
- Chili Powder: you will need two tablespoons.
- Cayenne Pepper, one teaspoon or to taste.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1 teaspoon.
- Dried Minced Garlic
- Dried Minced Onion or onion powder
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Basil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar: Just two teaspoons to add a touch of sweetness. It is one of the secret ingredients in this recipe.
Equipment Needed for Seasoning for Chili
How to Make Chili Spice Blend Recipe
These are the basic steps for making chili seasoning. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: MIX SEASONINGS
First, in a small bowl, mix everything together and then whisk. Lastly, place in an airtight container and label.
Prep and Storage Tips for Homemade Chili Seasoning Mix
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPICES RECIPES AHEAD OF TIME
Really, that is the beauty of this recipe. Make a nice big batch and keep it whenever you need it.
HOW TO STORE THIS SEASONING MIXTURE RECIPE
Store in an airtight container,spice jar or other secure container.
HOW LONG ARE THE HOUSE SPICE GOOD FOR?
This blend should stay good for one to three years. Of course, store spices in a cool, dark cupboard, away from direct heat or sunlight; keep tightly closed when not in use.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chili Seasoning
Of course, it is easy to make this recipe healthier by replacing the brown sugar with a sugar free substitute and also replace the salt with a salt substitute.
Indeed, after a lot of research, I have found this recipe is the best, however, you might enjoy as certain spice more, so adjust the recipe to your families taste. Add or adjust ground chilies, smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground cumin and Mexican oregano.
Yes, however, I suggest making a big batch so that you can use it at a moment notice.
Balance is key to good chili, therefore, add a little sweet to your hot. This is why brown sugar is added to your chili, but you can also use, carrots or sweet potatoes to add that sweetness.
Expert Tips for Making This Recipe for Homemade Chili Seasoning Recipe
- Add Fresh: Grind and dehydrate your own if you have time.
- Short cut tip: Use in Turkey, chicken or beef chili, just a sprinkle makes everything so flavorful. It is the best secret ingredient.
- Variation tip: Mix spices to make this your own, such as Mexican Oregano.
- Gift Giving: Really this is a perfect hostess or housewarming gift.
What to Make with this Chili Seasoning
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible for the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.