This homemade Chili Seasoning Mix recipe has just the right amount of heat and sweetness.
The basis of every great chili is the perfect Chili Seasoning Mix recipe. This is the best chili seasoning mix recipe – it’s perfectly balanced with heat, sweetness and flavor.
If you love chili, you need to make a batch of this homemade Chili Seasoning Mix recipe and keep it on hand for when you get a chili craving. It took me a while to perfect this homemade chili seasoning recipe but now, it’s absolutely perfect and always gets rave reviews.
It’s easy to make seasoning. This recipe a blend of seasonings and spices you probably already have in your pantry. Simply combine them together and store it in an airtight container.
We make a lot of chili during the cold months so I like to make a double batch. It’s easy to mix up and it keeps for quite a while in an airtight container. I like to use spice jars like these to keep it fresh.
To make chili using this recipe, simply add about 2 tablespoons of this chili seasoning mix to each pound of meat in your chili recipe.
It really is the best chili seasoning mix recipe I have ever tried.
Tips for Making this Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Start with fresh seasonings and spices. If your seasonings and spices are old, they may have lots some of their flavor.
- This recipe is flexible. If you like your chili spicier, you could always add more crushed red pepper and/or cayenne to the recipe and, conversely, if you like it milder, simply cut back a bit on the crushed red pepper and/or cayenne until you find the perfect amount to suit your tastes.
- Store your chili seasoning mix recipes in an airtight jar or container to keep it fresher longer.
- Use this in any Tex-Mex inspired recipe to kick up the flavor.
Want More Homemade Seasoning Mix Recipes
Items You Need to Make Chili Seasoning Mix Recipes
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.