These adorable cookies are easy to make and one of my favorite horse party ideas!
If you’re planning a horse-themed party, you must make this adorable (and easy) horse cookie recipes. It’s one of my favorite horse party ideas! These cute cookies come together quickly and are super adorable. They’re perfect if you need Kentucky Derby party recipes, too.
Horse Party Ideas
Whether you’re looking for horse party ideas for a birthday or Kentucky Derby recipes, these easy cookies really fit the bill. You can easily make them with a few simple steps and some easy to find ingredients.
Recently, I spent the afternoon with my friends from WNEP’s Home & Backyard. We made some fun Kentucky Derby food, including this Horse Cookies recipe and a Kentucky Derby Mint Julep. As always, Jackie and I had a great time making these adorable treats.
How to Make Horse Cookie Recipes
Making these cookies are quite simple. Everything you need can be purchased – you don’t need to make anything from scratch if you don’t want to. But, if you prefer to make your own frosting, you may certainly do so.
These cookies start by sticking a mini Nilla Wafer to a Milano cookie using frosting.
Then, use the frosting to stick the candy eyes to the Milano cookie.
Next, add a tuft of the horse’s mane to the top of the cookie and an ear on each side of the mane.
Then comes the reigns.
Last, add the nostrils and mouth.
The finished cookies are absolutely adorable! And, they couldn’t be easier to assemble.
Tips for Making Horse Cookies
Following these tips will ensure you can easily make these cookies quickly and efficiently.
- Inspect the cookies for chips and flaws. Use the prettiest side of the Milano cookie for the top.
- Inspect the Nilla wafters for chips and flaws, too.
- If making a big batch of these cookies, you may want to complete the same step on all of the cookies before moving on to the next step.
- Allow the cookies to dry completely before storing them.
- Do not stack the cookies on top of each other.
Looking for More Horse Party Ideas
Recommended Tools for Making this Horse Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate frosting in a piping bag <= Brilliant!
- Piping Bag with regular tip
- Candy Eye Balls
- Gel Frosting Tubes