These Instant Pot BBQ Ribs are a cinch to make and taste so good!If you love ribs, you’re going to love these Instant Pot BBQ Ribs. You get all of the flavor and tenderness of slow-cooked ribs without the time commitment. You can easily use your favorite BBQ sauce in this Instant Pot ribs recipe – whether it’s homemade or your favorite bottled brand. My family can’t get enough of these. They disappear of the plate in no time flat. They’re definitely one of my favorite Insta Pot recipes. You can find more of my favorite Instant Pot recipes beginners here.
Instant Pot Ribs RecipeThis Instant Pot Ribs recipe uses a homemade BBQ rub made of flavorful spices and brown sugar. The ribs are then cooked in the Instant Pot with your favorite beer (you can easily substitute non-alcoholic if you prefer). Then you add your favorite BBQ sauce – homemade or bottled, it’s up to you. These ribs are perfectly flavored and plenty sticky. You’ll want to make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand. My family usually devours these ribs in no time and all I’m left with is a plate of bones and messy napkins. These Instant pot Ribs recipes are perfect for beginners. The steps are simple and using the Instant Pot will save you a ton of time. You’ll get super tender ribs in a fraction of the time it usually takes.
Instant Pot Ribs RecipesThere are so many ways to make amazing BBQ ribs. You can use your slow cooker, grill, or even the oven. But, these ribs made in the pressure cooker, are by far one of my favorite Insta Pot recipes. You wouldn’t think fall-off-the-bone tender ribs would be something you could make on a busy weeknight, but when you use your pressure cooker they cook up super fast and are on the table in no time.
How to Make Amazing Insta Pot RecipesTo make these recipes, start by mixing up a homemade BBQ rub. It uses seasonings and spices, combined with brown sugar to give a great depth of flavor. The ribs are then cooked in beer. I love to use a nice dark lager, but whatever you have on hand will work – even non-alcoholic beer will work. The final step involves broiling the ribs for a few minutes after their basted in your favorite BBQ sauce. The sauces get caramelized and sticky, making the perfect BBQ rib.
Instant Pot Easy Recipes For Busy FamiliesMy family seems to always be on the go. Between practices and other activities, it seems like dinner always needs to be quick and easy. These BBQ ribs are perfect for those nights. We can enjoy the tender flavorful ribs, without the long cook time that ribs usually take. This is the perfect recipe for those just starting out with an Instant Pot. Plus, on hot summer days, you don’t have to heat up your whole house making ribs – just use your pressure cooker.
Tips for Making Instant Pot BBQ RibsThese ribs are a cinch to make, here are some tips to make sure they turn out perfect:
- You can use pork or beef spare ribs – I prefer pork but it’s up to you.
- You can use homemade or bottled BBQ sauce. No judgement here!
- I like to make a double batch of the rub, so that next time I want ribs, I have it on hand. Just store it in an air tight container. For a different flavor, give this Barbecue Dry Rub recipe a try.
Looking for More Instant Pot Easy Recipes
- Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
Best Instant Pot Recipes
Recommended Tools for Making Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
Instant Pot <= THIS IS MY FAVORITE!
Ultimate Instant Pot Cook Book
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
- 12 oz beer
- 18 oz BBQ sauce
- 6 pounds pork ribs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pat ribs dry on both sides with a paper towel and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Liberally apply rub to both sides of the ribs and rub into the meat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Cut ribs into sections with 3 ribs per section; Place in pressure cooker.
- Pour in beer.
- Cook for 25 minutes at high pressure.
- Natural release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Preheat the over broiler.
- Place ribs on a clean baking sheet and brush with BBQ sauce.
- Broil ribs until sauce is caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/