This Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait is what dreams are made of. Is there really any better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? Layers of dark chocolatey goodness, sandwiched between layers of peanut butter creaminess and clouds of whipped bliss.
If you are a fan of chocolate pudding parfaits then you will go crazy for this no-bake version with peanut butter. It takes only 15 minutes to whip up.
The Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait starts with a crust of Oreo cookie crumbs, then it has a layer of chocolate and whipped cream. Next a lush layer of peanut butter, repeat, and finish with whipped cream.
Harry Reese was the first to combine these two incredible flavors together. This struggling dairy farmer decided to create something new. This is his story.
Why We Love This Oreo Chocolate Mousse Parfait Recipe
This amazing parfait can be made in a large bowl or in individual parfait glasses, or plastic cups, or mason jars. Whisk together the day before and you will have a fabulous dessert.
- 20-Minute Dessert: Just a little time and you will be able to cover and chill this amazing teat.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry and fridge.
- Family Friendly: Be warned, once you make this dessert you will be asked to make it again and again.
- Adaptable: Can make it with so many different toppings and add-ins.
Ingredient Notes For Chocolate Mousse Parfaits with Peanut Butter
- Oreo Cookies: Or any chocolate sandwich layer you wish to use.
- Chocolate Chips: A semi-sweet chocolate chip to make the chocolate pudding-like layer..
- Whipping Cream: The heavy cream creates a smooth, creamy ganache.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter. Use your favorite.
- Cream Cheese: This makes a light and fluffy layer for each individual chocolate Oreo parfait.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
There are many different ways to make this mixture differently.
- Chocolate: Bittersweet chocolate, milk chocolate, or any type of luscious chocolate you enjoy.
- Oreo Crumbs: Use peanut butter Oreos or all-chocolate Oreos.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Oreo Parfait
You can make this chocolate parfait elegant for dinner or down-home and simple. Either way, you will get a decadent and luscious dessert with no pudding mix.
These are the basic steps for making this peanut butter parfait. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions and nutrition facts.
Step 1: MAKE THE CHOCOLATE MIXTURE
First, bring the whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Then remove from the heat and slowly add in the chocolate. Stir until thoroughly melted. Let cool slightly.
Step 2: PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
Step 3: OREO LAYER
Next, use a rolling pin and crush the Oreos. Then combine the crushed Oreos crumbs and butter together.
Step 4: ASSEMBLE PARFAIT CUPS
Press about 1/4 cup of cookie mixture into the bottom of each glass. Spoon in a layer of peanut butter filling. Add a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Add another layer of peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache. Top with a layer of whipped topping and sprinkle crushed peanut butter cups on top for a garnish.
Recipe FAQs for Easy Chocolate Parfait Recipe
Expert Tips for Making This Chocolate Dessert Recipe
Of course, you can finish chocolate shavings, more Oreos, or even chocolate whipped cream topping.
- Toppings: Top each parfait with a tablespoon or two of whipped topping and grated chocolate. Top with peanuts.
- Add Peanut Butter Cups: Sprinkle crushed peanut butter cups in between the layers.
- Short-cut tip: Use chocolate melts in place of chocolate chips. Make it in the microwave.
- Chocolate: Make the chocolate layer in the microwave instead of on the stovetop.
What to Serve with Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait
Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfait
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- ½ cup Whipping cream
Peanut Butter Layer
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- 4 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Confectioners sugar
- 4 ounces Whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed
- 20 Oreo Cookies , crushed
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Combine Oreos and butter. Bring the whipping cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until thoroughly melted. Let cool slightly.
- Cream peanut butter and cream cheese. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in cool whip.
- Combine Oreos and butter.
- Once you have all of the components ready, start layering the parfait. Press about 1/4 cup of cookie mixture into the bottom of each glass. Spoon in a layer of peanut butter filling.
- Add a thin layer of chocolate ganache. As an added treat, I added crushed peanut butter cups next. Add another layer of peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache.
- Top with a layer of whipped topping and sprinkle crushed peanut butter cups on top for a garnish.
- Toppings: Top each parfait with whipped topping and grated chocolate. Top with peanuts.
- Add Peanut Butter Cups: Sprinkle of crushed peanut butter cups in between the layers.
- Short cut tip: Use chocolate melts in place of chocolate chips. Make it in the microwave.
- Chocolate: Make the chocolate layer in the microwave instead of on the stove top.