This Green Goddess Salad Dressing is one of my all time favorite homemade salad dressings. It’s light and creamy and full of flavor.
This post was sponsored by Monoprice as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Why This Recipe for Green Goddess Salad Dressing Works
One of my all-time favorite salad is the Green Goodness salad at Panera Bread. Seriously, I could eat it every single day.
Aside from the pickled onions, my favorite part of the salad is the Green Goddess Dressing. It’s light and creamy with hint of sweetness that makes it crazy good.
In the past, I’ve tried to make Green Goddess salad dressing at home but never had much luck. They were either thick and gloopy. Or, the flavor was too muddled.
This Green Goddess salad dressing recipe works because it has all of the freshness from fresh herbs and a few concentrated flavor boosters added in.
What is Green Goddess Salad Dressing?
Green Goddess Salad Dressing is a creamy dressing that gets its bright green color from fresh herbs. It’s a versatile dressing that can be used on salads or sandwiches or as a dip.
The dressing originated in California where fresh herbs are abundant all year long. In my opinion Green Goddess Salad Dressing is a cross between a ranch dressing and a Caesar dressing with lots of fresh herbs in the mix.
How to Make Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Green Goddess Salad Dressing is a cinch to make at home. There are only a few simple ingredients. Since it’s a creamy dressing, this recipe starts with plain Green yogurt and mayo.
To this, you add flavor boosters like fresh shallot, a touch of anchovy paste (there’s no fishy flavor…trust me on this one) and Dijon mustard. Then you add lots of basil and some prepared pesto to really boost the herb flavor.
Last, you add a bit of white wine vinegar and a touch of agave for sweetness.
Expert Tips for Making Green Goddess Salad Dressing
This salad dressing is incredibly easy to make at home. Here are a few tips to help you:
- You can easily halve or double this recipe, based on your needs.
- Store the dressing in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Whip this dressing up in no time by using a blender.
This Strata Home Pro Blender is a professional, high-powered kitchen essential equipped with a high-speed motor. With a 2-liter blender container and blades that effortlessly work through ice and frozen fruit in seconds, the Strata Home Pro Blender is the perfect tool for this dressing.
You can easily purchase this blender from Monoprice. Monoprice is a leading e-commerce retailer that specializes in offering more than 6,500 high-quality, affordable electronics and accessories to consumers at a fraction of marketplace prices.
I loved how easy it was to navigate the site and find just what I was looking for. There were so many great kitchen appliances that make cooking easy and fun – like this Sous Vide Immersion Cooker.
Sous Vide cooking is one of the hottest trends in cooking fright now. Food is sealed into a plastic bag, which is then placed in a bath of water, which is then heated and circulated by the cooker. The result is food that is juicier and more tender, with all the nutrients, which are often lost from ordinary cooking methods.
Best Ways to Serve Green Goddess Salad Dressing
This Green Goddess Salad Dressing is so versatile. Here are some alternate ways you can enjoy it:
- Use it as a sandwich spread
- Serve it alongside some chopped veggies as a dip
- Drizzle it over grilled chicken or fish as a delicious sauce
Tools Use to Make Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Strata Home Pro Blender: Easily whip up batch after batch of this luscious dressing with ease.
More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the Dressings, Sauces and Seasonings on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons shallot - minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Pinch House Seasoning Blend
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.