Copycat Panera Green Goddess Salad Dressing is a creamy dressing that gets its bright green color and herby flavor from fresh herbs. It’s a versatile dressing that can be used on salads or sandwiches or as a dip.
Like so many things, this copycat Panera Bread Green Goddess salad dressing is one of those recipes that go in and out of fashion since it’s creation in the 1920’s. Nothing says spring like the incredible fresh taste of this homemade salad dressing because of all the fresh ingredients.
The original version is served on their Panera Bread Green Goddess Cobb Salad – one of my favorites! It’s loaded with fresh arugula and romaine lettuces, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, pickled red onions, crispy bacon and sliced chicken breast. The pickled onions are my favorite! I also add extra vegetables, like cucumbers and kale. If you love the version from Panera Bread, you will love this copycat.
MORE DIP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
The dressing originated in California where fresh herbs are abundant all year long. In my opinion Green Goddess Salad Dressing is a cross between a ranch dressing and a Caesar dressing with lots of fresh herbs in the mix.
- Minutes to Make: Perfect for you want something fancy but quick.
- Easy Ingredients: All found in pantry or fridge. So Easy.
- Family Friendly: If your family is a fan of creamy freshness, than they will love this dressing.
- Adaptable: Can make it low-carb or lower calorie.
- Party Favorite: This dressing is perfect for a fancy party, baby shower or bridal shower.
- Mayonnaise: Use a full fat or even a fat free variety.
- Green Yogurt: This gives a nice tang.
- Fresh Basil: Two cups of fresh basil leaves.
- Shallots: They give a nice mild onion flavor.
- Pesto: The prepackaged variety.
- Vinegar: White vinegar.
- Agave Syrup: This gives a nice sweet touch.
- Dijon Mustard: It gives a great flavor to the dressing.
- Anchovy Paste: The umami flavor to the dressing
- All Purpose Blend – my custom salt and pepper blend
How to Make Green Goddess Dressing
These are the basic steps for making Panera’s green goddess dressing. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: MEASURE
First, measure out all your ingredients.Next, place the clean washed basil in the food processor.
STEP 2: STORE
Prep and Storage Tips for Copycat Panera Green Goddess Dressing
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Freshness is the key to this dressing. Therefore, while you can make it ahead, try making it close to when you want to use it.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store the dressing in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
This recipe is not made to be frozen, while you could freeze it, the results upon thawing would not be good.
Frequently Asked Questions
Low fat or fat free versions of the ingredients can be great in this dressing recipe. Try fat free mayo and/or greek yoghurt.
Of course, parsley, dill, cilantro, chives and mint make great additions. I recommend adding tarragon, it is especially good for chicken.
Yes, make the amount that you need for your family or the get together that you are planning.
That is truly up to you, however traditionally you could use, spinach, green lettuce, green cabbage, spinach, cucumber and green apples.
Expert Tips for Making This Recipe
- Avocado: The addition of ripe avocado adds rich, buttery flavor and creates a thick and luxurious green goddess avocado dressing you can also use an avocado mayo when making this dish.
- Spread: Use it as a sandwich spread
- Dip: Serve it alongside some chopped veggies as a dip
- Sauce: Drizzle it over your favorite Main Course as a sauce.
- Bowls: This dressing adds real flavor to a healthy power grain bowl.
- Dietary consideration tip: Low fat or fat free versions can also be made. Even vegan ingredients make a great green goddess dressing.
What to Serve with Copycat Panera Green Goddess Dressing
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Copycat Panera Green Goddess Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Pinch House Seasoning Blend
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Fresh is Best: The fresher the Ingredients, the better the dressing!This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and use for your favorite event! Store in an Air Tight Container.
- Makes a Great Sauce: My favorite way to use this dressing is on top of Salmon!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
Recipes You Might Have Missed