This bright and flavorful Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing is the perfect flavor combination.
Strawberry Salad Poppyseed Dressing
My second favorite season of all time is Strawberry Season! (Yes, I consider Strawberry Season an actual season.) I absolutely love this time of year. I have my berry buckets all cleaned and ready to be filled with these sweet little bursts of sunshine.
One of my favorite things to make with fresh-picked strawberries is this Strawberry Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing.
I love everything about this salad. It’s crunchy and sweet with a little tang. This salad is the first thing I make when I get home from strawberry picking. I wash up a bunch of berries – they’re usually still warm from the vine — and slice ’em up.
Fresh Strawberry Salad
This Strawberry Salad is always a big hit. It’s so pretty and colorful and a fun alternative to a traditional garden salad. It’s so easy to make — I use my stawberry slicer (or you can use an egg slicer) to make quick work of slicing the berries and my mandoline slicer slices the onion into perfectly thin slices in a snap!
Recently, I had the opportunity to make this salad on WNEP’s (our local ABC affiliate) Home & Backyard program. I had such a great time with Jackie and gang. You can watch the segment here.
Celebrate those sweet red strawberries and make this salad! This salad is crazy good! Oh, and in case you were wondering, my favorite season is Fall.
Recommended Tools for Making this Strawberry Salad Recipe
- Mandoline <= MY FAVORITE!
Looking for More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Amaretto Pastries
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
- Strawberry Chiffon Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
- 45+ Best Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Looking for more? Check out all of the strawberry recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Strawberry Salad Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3 hearts of Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 10-15 strawberries - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Toss with sliced onion and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients for dressing; Whisk until smooth.
- Dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until needed.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.