This fall harvest salad recipe is packed with flavor and texture.
With layers of shaved brussels sprouts, apples, pomegranates, candied walnuts and a pomegranate vinaigrette, this fall harvest salad recipe is a winner!
This post was created in partnership with Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
Before you do anything else, make sure you bookmark, pin, save and/or print this Fall Harvest Salad recipe. It is THAT good! Go on…I’ll wait.
OK, now that you have it saved, let me tell you about it.
I don’t know about you, but I get bored with salads. We try to have one every night for dinner but our usual salad concoction has gotten B-O-R-I-N-G.
This Fall Harvest Salad recipe changed everything! It is layer upon layer of flavor and texture.
It starts with a finely shaved brussels sprouts salad. I took raw brussels sprouts and cut them into fine shavings. Then, I layered a generous helping of apple zoodles.
In case you’re wondering what a zoodle is, it’s when you put a fruit or veggie through a spiralizer and create “noodle” like strands. Pinterest is loaded with recipes for zoodles made of zucchini and such but I took it a step further and used an apple.
Back to the salad…on top the apples, I put a generous helping of pomegranate arils – you know, the seeds from a pomegranate fruit. Then I topped the entire thing with my easy-to-make candied walnuts.
Then, there’s the dressing. It’s a light and tangy pomegranate vinaigrette that brings the entire salad to life.
I could eat this salad every single day. Seriously, every day.
You can watch me make this incredible salad here:
Tips for Making this Fall Harvest Salad Recipe
To make this scrumptious Fall Harvest Salad recipe, I used my Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™. This system is actually four appliances in one compact system – a blender, food processor, spiralizer and a single serve cup.
- Smart Vessel Recognition: Ninja’s Smart Vessel Recognition Technology automatically recognizes which vessel is attached to the base and the touchscreen displays specific functions for those functions. It’s so smart!
- Smart Base: The Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™ features one smart base that transforms into four high-performance appliances: 72 oz. Total Crushing® Blender, 64 oz. Precision Processor™, 24 oz. Single-Serve Cup, and Auto-Spiralizer.
- Intuitive Touchscreen: The sleek, flat screen responds to your touch and lets you select between vessel-specific Smart Programs and manual options. And, because there are no buttons or dials, it’s easy to clean.
- 12 Smart Programs: The systems is pre-programmed with precisely calibrated patterns of pulsing and pausing combined with ideal speed, power and torque for each attachment. You get optimal results every single time.
But my favorite part about this system is how easy it is to use. Other blenders and processors can be clunky and require lots of twisting and lining up. They can be frustrating to say the least.
The Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™ is just a quick turn and click to easily change out any of the functions.
I used the spiralizer to make the apple zoodles for this recipe. It was super simple to use and just as easy to clean – everything goes right in the dishwasher!
The entire apple was spiralized in a matter of seconds. The apple spirals really make this salad stand out.
I even used the single serve cup to make the Pomegranate Vinaigrette. I just placed everything in the single serve cup, gave it a quick twist and, in seconds, the dressing was ready.
Options for this Fall Harvest Salad Recipe
I love how this salad is completely customizable. Here are some options you can incorporate to make it your own:
- If you’re not keen on the shaved brussels sprouts salad, you can swap chopped kale or your favorite lettuce. I would go for a hearty lettuce, though.
- I used Honeycrisp apples but you a Jona Gold or Gala apple would be great too. I would even try pears too!
- In place of the pomegranate arils, you can use dried cranberries. They also add a nice tartness to the recipe.
- Next time I make this, I’m going to add blue cheese crumbles. I think the tanginess will go great with the sweet apples.
A Giveaway & Discount
Want your own Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™? I have a discount you can use and a giveaway you can enter.
Use my code CHRISTINA15 to receive 15% off your very own Ninja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer™ – good from now until 12/31/2017.
Winners will be randomly selected from all program entries and Ninja will facilitate fulfillment of the 25 winning prizes.