This Apple Cider Barbecue Sauce recipe is perfect for fall. It has sweetness from fresh apple cider and little kick that keeps you coming back for more!
Is this barbecue sauce recipe easy to make?
Yes! This homemade BBQ sauce recipe is incredibly easy to make. It takes only minutes to measure out the ingredients – most of which you probably have in your pantry. Then it’s just a matter of cooking the sauce down into the best BBQ sauce you’ve ever tried!
I just love the flavor and the sweetness from the apple cider.
Can you double this homemade BBQ sauce recipe?
One of the best things about this homemade BBQ sauce recipe, besides the fact that it’s super easy to make, is that you can easily double or triple the batch based on your needs.
How to make the best BBQ sauce
The easiest way to make this Apple Cider Barbecue Sauce recipe is to measure out all of the ingredients first. Then it’s just a matter of adding everything to a small sauce pan and cooking it until it thickens slightly. It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
Expert Tips for Making Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
This homemade BBQ sauce recipe is very flexible. You can easily alter the flavors to suit your tastes. Here are some fun twists you can put on this barbecue sauce recipe:
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon for a little warmth.
- If you like it spicier, try adding a little more cayenne pepper.
- If you don’t want it spicy at all, you can easily leave all of the cayenne pepper out.
It’s such an easy recipe that you should feel comfortable playing around with the flavors so that you can turn it into your own signature best BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with the Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
This recipe is a great way to add some apple cider flavor to your favorite recipes. I like to use this recipe on:
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Small Sauce Pan: This is one of the pans from my favorite set.
Plunger Measuring Cup: This is a must when measuring sticky ingredients.
Measuring Spoons: I love these because they fit into small spice jar openings.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the best sauce recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Apple Cider Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Add the apple cider to a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in flour until combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before storing.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.