One of my favorite things to cook on the grill is chicken. Lately we’ve been loving these Grilled Chicken Sliders. Even though they are simple to make, they are packed full of flavor.
Hi! Susanne from New South Charm back again this month with a great, easy recipe to help you get dinner on the table.
To make these sliders you will need thinly sliced chicken breast. I buy boneless, skinless thinly sliced breast.Then simply cut them in half so they are the right size of the bun. Remember you want pieces a little big because they will be smaller when you take them off the grill.
Begin by cooking up several slices of bacon or turkey bacon. How much bacon you cook is really up to you. For eight sliders I use a pound of bacon. That’s about two or three slices per sandwich.
If you aren’t able to find the thinly sliced breasts you can simply cut a regular boneless breast in half and then pound it with a rolling pin until you get your desired thickness. This is also great for stress relief.
Once the chicken is the right size sprinkle on some cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Then pop them on the grill. Cook the chicken until it is no longer translucent on either side and cooked through.
Before removing chicken from heat top off the chicken with Pepper Jack cheese. When cheese is melted a gooey remove from grill.
Stack the chicken on bottom bun, top with bacon. Smear your favorite barbecue sauce on the top bun. Enjoy!
Be sure to stop by New South Charm and check my other great sandwich recipes like this one for Corn Beef Sliders with Horseradish Sauce. If you love crock pot cooking you’ll love my recipe for Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks.
What’s your favorite thing to cook on the grill? Chicken like me? or do you prefer burgers and steaks? Leave a comment below and let me know. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Grilled Chicken Sliders
Grilled Chicken Sliders
- 6 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb . of bacon
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 12 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Barbecue sauce of you choice
- 1 package of slider buns or small dinner rolls
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut bacon slices in half and prepare, set a side
- Cut chicken breasts in half
- Sprinkle Cajun season evenly over the top (if you want spicy add more seasoning)
- Add salt and pepper the chicken
- Place chicken on hot grill and cook through
- Add cheese to top of cooked chicken
- Smear sauce on top bun
- Stack sliders together serve and enjoy!
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.