Make this refreshing Cranberry Jello Salad for dessert for your festive parties or have it as tasty side dish for your holiday table. This fruity twist really makes this jello salad a real treat.
Jello salads use to be a staple on your grandmother’s table. I am happy to report that these delightful gelatin salads are making a comeback as people look for lighter, less filling, desserts to round out their dinner parties. This cranberry jello salad is a nod to that old classic but I am jazzing it up with a variety of different fruits to make it even more tempting and delicious.
Can you make this Cranberry Jello Salad in advance?
Holiday parties can be so hectic and can put a lot of demand on the one responsible for delivering a spectacular spread. This cranberry jello salad can be made several days in advance and kept in an airtight container to keep fresh. I don’t recommend any longer than that as the fruit can breakdown in the jello.
Can I freeze my Cranberry Jello?
While technically you can, I don’t recommend freezing your cranberry jello salad. It changes the consistency and does not thaw well. It will probably taste ok but it will not appear very pleasing.
What is in my easy Cranberry Jello Salad?
The up side is that this recipe couldn’t be any quicker or easier. The ingredients consist of the fruit, some fresh, some frozen and some canned, and the whole cranberry sauce. All you have to do is dissolve the jello in boiling water, stir in the frozen berries along with the rest of the fruit.
Make sure the canned fruit has been drained well and the whole cranberry sauce is completely broken up. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
Expert Tips for Making this Cranberry Jello Salad
- Find a unique bundt pan to make a creative mold or use one of the new silicone molds. Make sure to spray your mold with cooking spray for easy release.
- Try serving in a beautiful glass bowl or trifle dish.
- Present your cranberry gelatin salad on a platter and decorate with fresh cranberries or other festive decorations to make a beautiful display.
Variations for Making the Jello Salad.
- Make a fruity flavored whip topping to compliment your cranberry jello.
- Use a different variety of fruits that your family may enjoy to enrich this easy cranberry jello salad.
- This versatile cranberry gelatin salad can be also be used as a side dish
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Time is key. So anything that makes my job easier, I love. That is why I use this Apple Peeler
This apple slicer is great for this recipe and is wonderful for making pies.
I use this liquid measuring cup for all my recipes.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy dessert recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Cranberry Jello Salad
- 2 3 oz packages cranberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 10 oz package frozen winter berry blend, cranberries, pomegranates, blackberries, raspberries
- 1 14 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 15 oz can pear halves, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- In a large bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Stir in the frozen berries.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well, making sure to break up the canned cranberry sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/