Cilantro Lime Rice is a bright and versatile side dish that is a fresh and flavorful addition to any fiesta. It is the perfect compliment to those spicy Mexican meals.
Mexican Food is a staple dish in our household. The bold flavors and tastes are always popular. This Cilantro Lime Rice is a refreshing dish to serve with any of your favorite Mexican Dishes, as a side, in a burrito or bowl. It will be the perfect compliment.
Why This Cilantro Lime Rice Works
The bright citrus and fresh herb rice compliments and cool down your spicy dishes. It may even remind you of the rice you get from your favorite Mexican restaurant. It’s very similar to the Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice.
How to Make Cilantro Rice Recipe – Step by Step
- Step One: First, bring water to a boil.
- Step Two: Second, add the rice, butter and salt.
- Step Three: Next, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for twenty (20) minutes.
- Step Four: Finally, remove from heat, stir in additional ingredients and serve.
LOVE EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES
Looking for more? Check out all of the Easy Side Dishes on It Is a Keeper.
Making the Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
You can make this Cilantro Lime rice in the Instant Pot if you have one or a rice cooker. It comes out fabulous and very tasty.
In the Instant Pot, cook the rice for 3 minutes on high pressure, then do a slow release of 10 minutes and then do a quick release. Then follow the recipe by adding the lime and cilantro and you are good to go!
Recommendations for Making Cilantro Lime Rice
White Rice is not your only option, Use any brown rice, Jasmine rice or additionally, try rice cauliflower and it works really well with this Cilantro Lime Rice. It is great to serve with my Chicken Burrito Bowls or my Simple Mexican Skillet, Easy Chicken Fajitas.
Just make sure to use fresh Lime and herbs. It is what particularly gives the dish its bright flavor that is so refreshing.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Easiest Homemade Guacamole
- Spring Cleaning Supplies List
- 22 Fudgy Brownie Recipes and Blondie Recipes
Expert Tips for Making the Best Cilantro Lime Rice
- Increase the Flavor: Such as, by adding a Bay leaf while cooking the rice.
- More Spice: Additionally, you can add Chipotle Sauce or Jalapeno to the rice.
- Cilantro Hater: Replace the cilantro with Thai Basil.
Shop This Recipe
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest - about 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice - about 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro - chopped
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Rinse the rice.
- Stir in rice, butter and salt.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Turn off the heat, fluff rice and stir in the lime zest, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- Add Flavor: Such as a Bay Leaf while Cooking.
- Try Spice: Add some Chipotle Sauce or Jalapeno.
- Cilantro Hater: Use Thai Basil instead.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.