These Chicken Burrito Bowls are an easy and flavorful meal. They are perfect for lunch or dinner.
I’m always on the look out for new ways to enjoy Mexican food. Mostly because we love anything Mexican but also because those types of dishes are usually easy quick and easy to make. That is defiantly true of these Chipotle Lime Burrito Bowls.
Hi it’s Susanne from New South Charm back again this month with another easy recipe to help you get dinner on the table fast.
These bowls feature different layers of flavor including black beans, corn, scallions, romaine lettuce and salsa. All severed over rice and topped with my homemade Chipotle Lime Sauce.
This recipe does require prepared cooked chicken. For this recipe I like to bake two boneless skinless chicken breasts at 350º for 30 minutes. Two breasts will make 6 servings. For us that is more than enough for dinner and leftovers the next day.
Begin by preparing two cups of white or brown rice according to package directions.
While rice is cooking heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add a can of black beans that have been drained and rinsed, a can of drained whole kernel corn and three chopped scallions to the skillet and cook until heated through.
When rice is done cooking mix in a cup of salsa and set aside.
Spoon rice into the bottom of the bowl then add a handful of lettuce. Pile on the bean and corn mixture. If you really want to send it over the top you’ll want to add my recipe for Chipotle Lime Sauce.
Do you like “bowls” like these? What other types of bowl meals have you tried? Leave me a message in the comments and let me know. I can’t wait to hear from you!
CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cooked
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1 can can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic - finely mined
- 3 scallions - chopped
- Romaine lettuce - chopped, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions. When rice is done cooking mix in a cup of salsa and set aside.
- Slice or chop cooked chicken and set aside
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add a can of black beans that have been drained and rinsed, a can of drained whole kernel corn and three chopped scallions to the skillet and cook until heated through
- Spoon rice into bowls, add lettuce then bean and corn mixture to bowl, finish with Chipotle Lime Sauce
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.