This easy Mexican Chicken Bake will quickly become one of your favorite dinner recipes: quick easy meals!
I am all about Mexican-inspired recipes lately. I just can’t seem to get enough.
This Mexican Chicken Bake is a spinoff of one of my favorite quick and easy recipes – Baked Chicken Fajitas.
It is extremely easy to assemble and bakes up in 30 minutes. Plus, it’s so versatile.
I like to serve it over rice or sometimes, I slice the chicken and serve it in tortillas for Taco Tuesday. You can serve it with your favorite sides, like black beans, Mexican rice or shred the chicken and use it on tostadas.
I use my homemade taco seasoning in this recipe, but you could easily purchase it at your local grocery store.
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Mexican Chicken Bake
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 2 bell peppers - seeded and sliced thin
- 1 onion - sliced thin
- 1 oz can diced tomatoes - 15
- 1 oz can diced green chilies - 4
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the chicken breasts in single layer in a baking dish
- Season each chicken breast evenly with Taco Seasoning
- Pour diced tomatoes and diced green chiles over top
- Spread sliced bell peppers and onions evenly on top of the chilies and tomatoes
- Top everything with an even layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.