This easy Mexican Chicken Bake will quickly become one of your favorite quick and easy dinner ideas!
I am all about Mexican-inspired recipes lately. I just can’t seem to get enough.
This Mexican Chicken Bake is a spinoff of one of my favorite quick and easy recipes – Baked Chicken Fajitas.
It is extremely easy to assemble and bakes up in 30 minutes. Plus, it’s so versatile.
I like to serve it over rice or sometimes, I slice the chicken and serve it in tortillas for Taco Tuesday. You can serve it with your favorite sides, like black beans, Mexican rice or shred the chicken and use it on tostadas.
I use my homemade taco seasoning in this recipe, but you could easily purchase it at your local grocery store.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Mexican Chicken Bake
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 oz can diced tomatoes, 15
- 1 oz can diced green chilies, 4
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the chicken breasts in single layer in a baking dish
- Season each chicken breast evenly with Taco Seasoning
- Pour diced tomatoes and diced green chiles over top
- Spread sliced bell peppers and onions evenly on top of the chilies and tomatoes
- Top everything with an even layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.