This easy Simple Mexican Skillet will quickly become one of your favorite quick and easy dinner ideas!
Simple Mexican Skillet is a great idea for Cinco de Mayo or any other night. It’s a simple one pot dinner that features great flavors such as tomatoes and chilies, cheese, and ground beef.
Hi it’s Susanne from New South Charm back again with another great recipe for your family. This time it’s an fast easy skillet Mexican meal.
I like to cook this in my cast iron skillet because it’s easy to move from the stovetop to the oven but you can cook this in any oven proof skillet. If you’re not sure your skillet is oven proof then I suggest you cook the ground beef on the stove top and combine everything into a casserole dish. It’s just one little extra step.
Mexican and Tex-Mex flavored dishes are some of my families’ favorite meals. I love making these because they are often easy to cook and made with budget friendly ingredients. To see two of my favorite Mexican dishes check out my Taco Casserole and my Fast and Easy Quesadillas.
If you want to make this skillet dinner a little lighter on calories cut back on the amount of tortilla chips you use and serve over lettuce.
I hope you love this recipe for Simple Mexican Skillet as mush as we do. I’ll be back soon with another great recipe to help you get dinner on the table for your family.
If like you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Simple Mexican Skillet
- 1 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 10.75 oz cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 10 oz can Ro-Tel
- 1 15.5 oz can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 15.5 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup green bell pepper
- 1 packet Fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 9 oz bag tortilla chips, crushed
- Chopped fresh Cilantro or Scallions (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof skillet brown beef over medium high heat, drain off fat.
- Stir in onion, Bell pepper, Ro-Tel, soup, beans, corn and Fajita seasoning bringing mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and spread cheese and crushed chips on top of beef mixture.
- Put into oven and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven garnish as desired.